Oct 26, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
It’s becoming the same old story for Alexander Steen.
The St. Louis Blues veteran forward recorded his ninth goal of the season on Saturday night against the Nashville Predators. It’s his ninth goal in nine games.
Yes, he’s clipping along at a goal-per-game pace. It’s early on, but he has already surpassed his entire scoring output from the 2013 lockout season, and looks to be on track to record a career best in goals.
His best season in terms of goals came in 2009-10, when he scored 24 times. In fact, only once in the 2013-14 campaign has he been held off the score sheet. But then again, it’s still early in the season.
The video below is of Steen’s ninth goal of the season.
Updated: Steen scored again in the third period and is up to 10 goals in nine games. Not bad.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 32
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 90
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)