Oct 26, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
It’s becoming the same old story for Alexander Steen.
The St. Louis Blues veteran forward recorded his ninth goal of the season on Saturday night against the Nashville Predators. It’s his ninth goal in nine games.
Yes, he’s clipping along at a goal-per-game pace. It’s early on, but he has already surpassed his entire scoring output from the 2013 lockout season, and looks to be on track to record a career best in goals.
His best season in terms of goals came in 2009-10, when he scored 24 times. In fact, only once in the 2013-14 campaign has he been held off the score sheet. But then again, it’s still early in the season.
The video below is of Steen’s ninth goal of the season.
Updated: Steen scored again in the third period and is up to 10 goals in nine games. Not bad.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63