Oct 26, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
It’s becoming the same old story for Alexander Steen.
The St. Louis Blues veteran forward recorded his ninth goal of the season on Saturday night against the Nashville Predators. It’s his ninth goal in nine games.
Yes, he’s clipping along at a goal-per-game pace. It’s early on, but he has already surpassed his entire scoring output from the 2013 lockout season, and looks to be on track to record a career best in goals.
His best season in terms of goals came in 2009-10, when he scored 24 times. In fact, only once in the 2013-14 campaign has he been held off the score sheet. But then again, it’s still early in the season.
The video below is of Steen’s ninth goal of the season.
Updated: Steen scored again in the third period and is up to 10 goals in nine games. Not bad.
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 3
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 15
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)