Oct 26, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
It’s becoming the same old story for Alexander Steen.
The St. Louis Blues veteran forward recorded his ninth goal of the season on Saturday night against the Nashville Predators. It’s his ninth goal in nine games.
Yes, he’s clipping along at a goal-per-game pace. It’s early on, but he has already surpassed his entire scoring output from the 2013 lockout season, and looks to be on track to record a career best in goals.
His best season in terms of goals came in 2009-10, when he scored 24 times. In fact, only once in the 2013-14 campaign has he been held off the score sheet. But then again, it’s still early in the season.
The video below is of Steen’s ninth goal of the season.
Updated: Steen scored again in the third period and is up to 10 goals in nine games. Not bad.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)