Oct 26, 2013, 8:51 PM EDT
It’s becoming the same old story for Alexander Steen.
The St. Louis Blues veteran forward recorded his ninth goal of the season on Saturday night against the Nashville Predators. It’s his ninth goal in nine games.
Yes, he’s clipping along at a goal-per-game pace. It’s early on, but he has already surpassed his entire scoring output from the 2013 lockout season, and looks to be on track to record a career best in goals.
His best season in terms of goals came in 2009-10, when he scored 24 times. In fact, only once in the 2013-14 campaign has he been held off the score sheet. But then again, it’s still early in the season.
The video below is of Steen’s ninth goal of the season.
Updated: Steen scored again in the third period and is up to 10 goals in nine games. Not bad.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)