Oct 26, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
Jarome Iginla will take it.
In the first period of Saturday’s game between the Boston and New Jersey, the Bruins’ veteran forward chased down a loose puck and threw a shot from a brutal angle, however it deflected off the skate of Devils’ forward Damien Brunner and through the legs of goalie Martin Brodeur.
The goal gave the Bruins a 2-0 lead just before the midway point of the first period. The Bruins went into the first intermission with a 3-1 lead.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7