Oct 26, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
It didn’t take long for the main event to erupt in Saturday’s game between the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Islanders.
The two heavyweights threw numerous right and left haymakers. Rosehill got the early upper hand but Boulton battled back. Too even to score a winner, as the scrap ended right around center ice with the linesman coming between the two combatants.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5