Oct 26, 2013, 2:11 PM EDT
When defenseman Mark Streit signed with the Philadelphia Flyers over the summer, he probably didn’t think that his old team, the New York Islanders would have nearly three times the points going into their first meeting tonight.
That obviously says less about the Islanders success — they’re only 4-3-3 this season — and more about how badly things have gone for the Flyers. In fact, they’re on the cusp of making some embarrassing history, reports CSN Philly.
No team since the 1940-41 New York Americans have scored two or fewer goals in their first 10 games. The 2-7-0 Flyers are in danger of tying that mark.
Streit knows how important every point is for the Flyers right now, especially as they try to build some kind of momentum after Thursday’s 2-1 win over the New York Rangers. At the same time, he’s enjoying returning to his old home.
“It’s been an emotional [return] for me,” Streit said. “I went to Garden City [Friday] and walked around a bit. I have a lot of great memories. It’s nice to be back.”
Who knows, maybe when Philadelphia returns to Nassau Coliseum on Jan. 20, the Flyers will be looking like a far better team. They certainly couldn’t be much worse.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)