Oct 26, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
The night went well for the Ducks, but Silfverberg was slashed during the contest and has a broken hand as a result. The Ducks are estimating that he will be sidelined for the next four-to-six weeks.
The 23-year-old forward has cooled down since his hot start to the season, but he still has a solid four goals and seven points in 11 contests.
To make matters worse for the Ducks, Mathieu Perreault‘s wrist was sprained during the 2-1 victory and he’s day-to-day. Meanwhile, Dustin Penner is heading to Columbus, where the Ducks will play on Sunday. Penner has been dealing with a concussion, but hasn’t experienced symptoms in several days.
Before Penner sustained the injury, he had two goals and four points in six games.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:29 PM EST
Click for a surprising stat about the 31-year-old forward.
Dec 22, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
Weather forecast looking good, too.
Dec 22, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Dec 22, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
As the quote suggests, he’s feeling better.
Dec 22, 2014, 3:31 PM EST
“He’s 21 years old. I think we’re getting a lot out of a 21 year-old defenseman right now.”
Dec 22, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Signs with HC Slovan Bratislava.
Dec 22, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Have won eight straight at home, but must travel to Anaheim tonight.
Dec 22, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
“Is it true? I don’t know.”
Dec 22, 2014, 12:52 PM EST
After teammates Travis Zajac and Adam Larsson both had them.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Oh no, not this again.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:28 PM EST
Will GM Chuck Fletcher do anything about it?
Dec 22, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Kings’ center broke out of his slump in a major way.
Dec 22, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
“I talked with Dallas and they think it’s a good experience for me to play for my country and play for the national team.”
Dec 22, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
Connor McDavid and Sam Reinhart will be the alternates.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Lots of pressure on the Bruins and Leafs.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
Will Willie Mitchell and Kris Letang square off again tonight in Florida?
Dec 22, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
“I’ve used almost every strategy I’ve got, and I love him.”
Dec 22, 2014, 9:42 AM EST
Volpatti will return to the long-term injured reserve list.
Dec 22, 2014, 8:54 AM EST
Brian Gionta was injured as a result of the blow.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 17
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 11
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8