Oct 26, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
The night went well for the Ducks, but Silfverberg was slashed during the contest and has a broken hand as a result. The Ducks are estimating that he will be sidelined for the next four-to-six weeks.
The 23-year-old forward has cooled down since his hot start to the season, but he still has a solid four goals and seven points in 11 contests.
To make matters worse for the Ducks, Mathieu Perreault‘s wrist was sprained during the 2-1 victory and he’s day-to-day. Meanwhile, Dustin Penner is heading to Columbus, where the Ducks will play on Sunday. Penner has been dealing with a concussion, but hasn’t experienced symptoms in several days.
Before Penner sustained the injury, he had two goals and four points in six games.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17