Oct 26, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
The night went well for the Ducks, but Silfverberg was slashed during the contest and has a broken hand as a result. The Ducks are estimating that he will be sidelined for the next four-to-six weeks.
The 23-year-old forward has cooled down since his hot start to the season, but he still has a solid four goals and seven points in 11 contests.
To make matters worse for the Ducks, Mathieu Perreault‘s wrist was sprained during the 2-1 victory and he’s day-to-day. Meanwhile, Dustin Penner is heading to Columbus, where the Ducks will play on Sunday. Penner has been dealing with a concussion, but hasn’t experienced symptoms in several days.
Before Penner sustained the injury, he had two goals and four points in six games.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)