Oct 26, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Schneider suffered a lower-body injury during Thursday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Vancouver. He’s not on the injured reserve list, but thanks to the goalie exemption rule they were able to summon Keith Kinkaid to serve as the team’s backup.
“This had nothing to do with who is starting (against the Bruins),” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger.
Schneider started in New Jersey’s previous three contests, which led to Brodeur insinuating that Schneider was now the team’s starter. Not long after he made those remarks, Brodeur was given the nod for the Devils’ upcoming match.
In other news, Devils captain Bryce Salvador is heading back to New Jersey after temporarily leaving the team because of a death in his family. Salvador will be able to play Tuesday.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)