Oct 26, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Schneider suffered a lower-body injury during Thursday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Vancouver. He’s not on the injured reserve list, but thanks to the goalie exemption rule they were able to summon Keith Kinkaid to serve as the team’s backup.
“This had nothing to do with who is starting (against the Bruins),” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger.
Schneider started in New Jersey’s previous three contests, which led to Brodeur insinuating that Schneider was now the team’s starter. Not long after he made those remarks, Brodeur was given the nod for the Devils’ upcoming match.
In other news, Devils captain Bryce Salvador is heading back to New Jersey after temporarily leaving the team because of a death in his family. Salvador will be able to play Tuesday.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)