Oct 26, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Schneider suffered a lower-body injury during Thursday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Vancouver. He’s not on the injured reserve list, but thanks to the goalie exemption rule they were able to summon Keith Kinkaid to serve as the team’s backup.
“This had nothing to do with who is starting (against the Bruins),” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger.
Schneider started in New Jersey’s previous three contests, which led to Brodeur insinuating that Schneider was now the team’s starter. Not long after he made those remarks, Brodeur was given the nod for the Devils’ upcoming match.
In other news, Devils captain Bryce Salvador is heading back to New Jersey after temporarily leaving the team because of a death in his family. Salvador will be able to play Tuesday.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55