Oct 26, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
Schneider suffered a lower-body injury during Thursday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Vancouver. He’s not on the injured reserve list, but thanks to the goalie exemption rule they were able to summon Keith Kinkaid to serve as the team’s backup.
“This had nothing to do with who is starting (against the Bruins),” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger.
Schneider started in New Jersey’s previous three contests, which led to Brodeur insinuating that Schneider was now the team’s starter. Not long after he made those remarks, Brodeur was given the nod for the Devils’ upcoming match.
In other news, Devils captain Bryce Salvador is heading back to New Jersey after temporarily leaving the team because of a death in his family. Salvador will be able to play Tuesday.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54