Oct 26, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
Schneider suffered a lower-body injury during Thursday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Vancouver. He’s not on the injured reserve list, but thanks to the goalie exemption rule they were able to summon Keith Kinkaid to serve as the team’s backup.
“This had nothing to do with who is starting (against the Bruins),” Devils GM Lou Lamoriello told the Star-Ledger.
Schneider started in New Jersey’s previous three contests, which led to Brodeur insinuating that Schneider was now the team’s starter. Not long after he made those remarks, Brodeur was given the nod for the Devils’ upcoming match.
In other news, Devils captain Bryce Salvador is heading back to New Jersey after temporarily leaving the team because of a death in his family. Salvador will be able to play Tuesday.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 16
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 50
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)