Oct 26, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Rob Scuderi had to be taken off the ice with the help of the trainer due to a possible knee injury, as per reports from Rob Rossi Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
It appears to have occurred when Scuderi got tangled up with David Clarkson, as the Leafs forward went to finish his check along the boards late in the first period.
In 10 games with the Penguins this season, the 34-year-old Scuderi has one assist.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 20
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 13
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)