Oct 26, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs were without forward Joffrey Lupul on Friday and it looks like they’ll probably have to make do without him again tonight. He wasn’t on the ice for the team’s morning skate, according to TSN 1050’s Jonas Siegel.
Although it is believed that Lupul is dealing with a bruised bone in his foot, he will have a CT scan so that Toronto can get more information about his injury. For the record, Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle doesn’t think that Lupul’s problem is more serious than suspected, the team just wants assurances.
Lupul was hurt while blocking a shot during a practice and that’s just the latest in a string of injuries he’s had to deal with in recent years. You would have to go back to 2008-09 to find the last time Lupul played in more than 66 games in a single season.
At the same time, he has emerged as a roughly point-per-game player with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He ranks second on the Leafs with 10 points in as many games this season.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
There’s a doubleheader on NBCSN starting at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
He’s not the only member of the Senators playing a physical game.
Apr 19, 2015, 8:27 PM EDT
Game 4 on Tuesday will be big for Washington.
Apr 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
“Maybe after we have our meeting in two weeks, maybe we have Jack Eichel at No. 1.”
Apr 19, 2015, 6:53 PM EDT
The 26-year-old rookie did everything he could to earn another start.
Apr 19, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Goaltender Pekka Rinne couldn’t bail his defense out.
Apr 19, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
He also declared himself fine for Game 3.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Goals coming in bunches in Chicago.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
They’re tied 1-1 after 1.
Apr 19, 2015, 3:32 PM EDT
They needed just 15-seconds of extra time.
Apr 19, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s his second of the series.
Apr 19, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Puck drop is at 3 p.m. ET
Apr 19, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He has his second of these playoffs.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
Andrew Desjardins could also be in for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:10 PM EDT
Was injured on a hit from Kyle Okposo.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
He missed the second game of the series with an upper body injury.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
Puck drop is at 12 p.m. ET on NBC.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
Neil replaces Chiasson on Ottawa’s fourth line.
Apr 19, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He’s missed six games with a right hand injury.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
Changes in the crease the theme of the day.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 14
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 88
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)