Oct 26, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Tyler Bozak was held out of the Toronto Maple leafs on Saturday and that could happen a few more times in the coming days.
Bozak didn’t play against the visiting Pittsburgh Penguins due to a lower-body injury, and now he could miss up to 10 days as a result.
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle told reporters in Toronto that Bozak will be out a week to 10 days, as per Chris Johnston of Sportsnet.
Even with those two out of the lineup, the Leafs powered their way to a 4-1 victory over the Penguins, thanks to three goals in the third period.
Sidney Crosby was not only held of the score sheet, but he was a minus two.
Slotted onto the top line as a result of the Bozak injury, Nazem Kadri had himself a good night with a goal in the third period that turned out to be the winner.
“I’ve been saying it all along: I want to be one of those guys that [head coach] Randy [Carlyle] can count on and this team can count on,” Kadri said afterward, as per The National Post. “That’s not just scoring goals.”
Oct 23, 2014, 2:13 AM EDT
Meanwhile, Buffalo scored!
Oct 23, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
Pretty good chance for three straight.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:23 AM EDT
He was injured on Oct. 16.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:49 PM EDT
No. 8 was having a bit of a difficult night.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Big win for Philly after getting beat bad in Chicago on Tuesday.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
Last shift came in the first period.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Little bit of history here.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Milbury doesn’t understand why the Pens would extend him.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Tremendous gesture from the Penguins organization.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
NHL Insider joined Kathryn Tappen live in studio.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Blueliner’s had zero luck in the health department.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
Two teams that, how should we say, care not for one another.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
“We had no choice but to.”
Oct 22, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
He won’t travel with the club for its upcoming three-game road swing through Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Charles Wang remains in charge until then.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Worth a reported $16 million.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Not clear yet if charges will be filed.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
More tough luck.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)