Oct 26, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Tyler Bozak was held out of the Toronto Maple leafs on Saturday and that could happen a few more times in the coming days.
Bozak didn’t play against the visiting Pittsburgh Penguins due to a lower-body injury, and now he could miss up to 10 days as a result.
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle told reporters in Toronto that Bozak will be out a week to 10 days, as per Chris Johnston of Sportsnet.
Even with those two out of the lineup, the Leafs powered their way to a 4-1 victory over the Penguins, thanks to three goals in the third period.
Sidney Crosby was not only held of the score sheet, but he was a minus two.
Slotted onto the top line as a result of the Bozak injury, Nazem Kadri had himself a good night with a goal in the third period that turned out to be the winner.
“I’ve been saying it all along: I want to be one of those guys that [head coach] Randy [Carlyle] can count on and this team can count on,” Kadri said afterward, as per The National Post. “That’s not just scoring goals.”
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)