Oct 26, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Tyler Bozak was held out of the Toronto Maple leafs on Saturday and that could happen a few more times in the coming days.
Bozak didn’t play against the visiting Pittsburgh Penguins due to a lower-body injury, and now he could miss up to 10 days as a result.
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle told reporters in Toronto that Bozak will be out a week to 10 days, as per Chris Johnston of Sportsnet.
Even with those two out of the lineup, the Leafs powered their way to a 4-1 victory over the Penguins, thanks to three goals in the third period.
Sidney Crosby was not only held of the score sheet, but he was a minus two.
Slotted onto the top line as a result of the Bozak injury, Nazem Kadri had himself a good night with a goal in the third period that turned out to be the winner.
“I’ve been saying it all along: I want to be one of those guys that [head coach] Randy [Carlyle] can count on and this team can count on,” Kadri said afterward, as per The National Post. “That’s not just scoring goals.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)