Oct 26, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Tyler Bozak was held out of the Toronto Maple leafs on Saturday and that could happen a few more times in the coming days.
Bozak didn’t play against the visiting Pittsburgh Penguins due to a lower-body injury, and now he could miss up to 10 days as a result.
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle told reporters in Toronto that Bozak will be out a week to 10 days, as per Chris Johnston of Sportsnet.
Even with those two out of the lineup, the Leafs powered their way to a 4-1 victory over the Penguins, thanks to three goals in the third period.
Sidney Crosby was not only held of the score sheet, but he was a minus two.
Slotted onto the top line as a result of the Bozak injury, Nazem Kadri had himself a good night with a goal in the third period that turned out to be the winner.
“I’ve been saying it all along: I want to be one of those guys that [head coach] Randy [Carlyle] can count on and this team can count on,” Kadri said afterward, as per The National Post. “That’s not just scoring goals.”
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)