Oct 26, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Tyler Bozak was held out of the Toronto Maple leafs on Saturday and that could happen a few more times in the coming days.
Bozak didn’t play against the visiting Pittsburgh Penguins due to a lower-body injury, and now he could miss up to 10 days as a result.
Leafs head coach Randy Carlyle told reporters in Toronto that Bozak will be out a week to 10 days, as per Chris Johnston of Sportsnet.
Even with those two out of the lineup, the Leafs powered their way to a 4-1 victory over the Penguins, thanks to three goals in the third period.
Sidney Crosby was not only held of the score sheet, but he was a minus two.
Slotted onto the top line as a result of the Bozak injury, Nazem Kadri had himself a good night with a goal in the third period that turned out to be the winner.
“I’ve been saying it all along: I want to be one of those guys that [head coach] Randy [Carlyle] can count on and this team can count on,” Kadri said afterward, as per The National Post. “That’s not just scoring goals.”
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 33
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 51
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 37
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 74
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)