Oct 26, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres are waiting for John Scott to have an in-person hearing on Oct. 31, so they still aren’t sure how long they’ll be without their forward. The Boston Bruins can say the same about Loui Eriksson‘s uncertain timetable, but that’s where the similarities end.
Scott, who is suspended until the hearing, is being punished because of a high hit he delivered to Eriksson on Wednesday. The star Bruins player is out indefinitely with a concussion.
“Loui is doing okay, I guess, for a guy that suffered a concussion,” said Bruins coach Claude Julien told CSN New England today. “It’s the same thing, you have a good day and you have less of a good day. It’s early on, but like always you keep your fingers crossed that it’s going to get better sooner rather than later for his sake.”
Julien is unfortunately well versed in how concussions work given the number of noteworthy Bruins that have dealt with this type of injury over the years. Among others, Marc Savard‘s career was ended due to head injuries.
The 7-2-0 Bruins will take on the New Jersey Devils tonight.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 12
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)