Oct 26, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres are waiting for John Scott to have an in-person hearing on Oct. 31, so they still aren’t sure how long they’ll be without their forward. The Boston Bruins can say the same about Loui Eriksson‘s uncertain timetable, but that’s where the similarities end.
Scott, who is suspended until the hearing, is being punished because of a high hit he delivered to Eriksson on Wednesday. The star Bruins player is out indefinitely with a concussion.
“Loui is doing okay, I guess, for a guy that suffered a concussion,” said Bruins coach Claude Julien told CSN New England today. “It’s the same thing, you have a good day and you have less of a good day. It’s early on, but like always you keep your fingers crossed that it’s going to get better sooner rather than later for his sake.”
Julien is unfortunately well versed in how concussions work given the number of noteworthy Bruins that have dealt with this type of injury over the years. Among others, Marc Savard‘s career was ended due to head injuries.
The 7-2-0 Bruins will take on the New Jersey Devils tonight.
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 5
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)