Oct 26, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
The Florida Panthers once again find themselves near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings, following yet another loss, this time to the Buffalo Sabres.
It’s their fifth defeat in the last six games, although there is the belief from the players that the Panthers have probably deserved a better fate at times.
Take, for example, Friday’s 3-1 defeat to the lowly Buffalo Sabres. The Panthers put 45 shots on Sabres’ netminder Jhonas Enroth and he turned away all but one of them for Buffalo’s second win of the season.
Go back further. In three of Florida’s last four defeats, they have lost by one goal. They’ve conceded late goals, fallen in the shootout and haven’t been able to score themselves when the time calls for it.
“I have no answers. Personally, I’ve never been this snakebitten in my life. And it sucks. Really bad.”
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 2
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 18
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27