Oct 26, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers once again find themselves near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings, following yet another loss, this time to the Buffalo Sabres.
It’s their fifth defeat in the last six games, although there is the belief from the players that the Panthers have probably deserved a better fate at times.
Take, for example, Friday’s 3-1 defeat to the lowly Buffalo Sabres. The Panthers put 45 shots on Sabres’ netminder Jhonas Enroth and he turned away all but one of them for Buffalo’s second win of the season.
Go back further. In three of Florida’s last four defeats, they have lost by one goal. They’ve conceded late goals, fallen in the shootout and haven’t been able to score themselves when the time calls for it.
“I have no answers. Personally, I’ve never been this snakebitten in my life. And it sucks. Really bad.”
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 6
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1