Oct 26, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers once again find themselves near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings, following yet another loss, this time to the Buffalo Sabres.
It’s their fifth defeat in the last six games, although there is the belief from the players that the Panthers have probably deserved a better fate at times.
Take, for example, Friday’s 3-1 defeat to the lowly Buffalo Sabres. The Panthers put 45 shots on Sabres’ netminder Jhonas Enroth and he turned away all but one of them for Buffalo’s second win of the season.
Go back further. In three of Florida’s last four defeats, they have lost by one goal. They’ve conceded late goals, fallen in the shootout and haven’t been able to score themselves when the time calls for it.
“I have no answers. Personally, I’ve never been this snakebitten in my life. And it sucks. Really bad.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)