Oct 26, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
The Florida Panthers once again find themselves near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings, following yet another loss, this time to the Buffalo Sabres.
It’s their fifth defeat in the last six games, although there is the belief from the players that the Panthers have probably deserved a better fate at times.
Take, for example, Friday’s 3-1 defeat to the lowly Buffalo Sabres. The Panthers put 45 shots on Sabres’ netminder Jhonas Enroth and he turned away all but one of them for Buffalo’s second win of the season.
Go back further. In three of Florida’s last four defeats, they have lost by one goal. They’ve conceded late goals, fallen in the shootout and haven’t been able to score themselves when the time calls for it.
“I have no answers. Personally, I’ve never been this snakebitten in my life. And it sucks. Really bad.”
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 14
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)