Oct 26, 2013, 5:25 PM EST
The Florida Panthers once again find themselves near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings, following yet another loss, this time to the Buffalo Sabres.
It’s their fifth defeat in the last six games, although there is the belief from the players that the Panthers have probably deserved a better fate at times.
Take, for example, Friday’s 3-1 defeat to the lowly Buffalo Sabres. The Panthers put 45 shots on Sabres’ netminder Jhonas Enroth and he turned away all but one of them for Buffalo’s second win of the season.
Go back further. In three of Florida’s last four defeats, they have lost by one goal. They’ve conceded late goals, fallen in the shootout and haven’t been able to score themselves when the time calls for it.
“I have no answers. Personally, I’ve never been this snakebitten in my life. And it sucks. Really bad.”
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 43
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 11
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 15
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 33
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 36
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 57
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (57)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (43)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)