Oct 26, 2013, 6:54 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs take on the Pittsburgh Penguins, with puck drop just a few minutes away.
However, the Leafs will be without center Tyler Bozak, according to reporters in Toronto. He is dealing with a lower-body injury and will be re-evaluated “in the next day or two,” wrote Joe Yerdon for NHL.com.
With Bozak out, Kadri taking 1st-line centre reps in Leafs warm-ups—
Mark Masters (@markhmasters) October 26, 2013
Bozak was sporting a large ice-pack on the lower back post-game in the Leafs dressing room last night.—
Jonas Siegel (@jonasTSN1050) October 26, 2013
In 11 games this season, the 27-year-old Bozak, who re-signed in Toronto for five years at $21 million this summer, has three goals and six points.
The Leafs are coming off a 5-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday.
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 18
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 32
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Varlamov expected to enter plea on Jan. 22 7
- Malkin named NHL’s first star for second straight week 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Red Wings challenge division-leading Bruins (32)