Oct 26, 2013, 6:54 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs take on the Pittsburgh Penguins, with puck drop just a few minutes away.
However, the Leafs will be without center Tyler Bozak, according to reporters in Toronto. He is dealing with a lower-body injury and will be re-evaluated “in the next day or two,” wrote Joe Yerdon for NHL.com.
With Bozak out, Kadri taking 1st-line centre reps in Leafs warm-ups—
Mark Masters (@markhmasters) October 26, 2013
Bozak was sporting a large ice-pack on the lower back post-game in the Leafs dressing room last night.—
Jonas Siegel (@jonasTSN1050) October 26, 2013
In 11 games this season, the 27-year-old Bozak, who re-signed in Toronto for five years at $21 million this summer, has three goals and six points.
The Leafs are coming off a 5-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)