Oct 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
It’s not the start with his new team Magnus Paajarvi was probably hoping for.
Paajarvi, the St. Louis Blues’ young forward, left Saturday’s game against the Nashville Predators and will not return due to an upper-body injury, as per Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Paajarvi had played just 3:34 of the first period, and did not come out for the second.
In three games with the Blues, Paajarvi had yet to record a point.
In the second period against the Predators, St. Louis forward Chris Stewart went to the locker room after he was hit into the boards by Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist. That’s according to Rutherford, who reported a few minutes later that Stewart had returned to the bench.
Updated: Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock didn’t know the nature of Paajarvi’s injury but said it is “pretty significant,” according to a tweet from Rutherford.
Hitch blamed himself for putting Stewart back in the game. Again, the nature of the injury isn't yet known but it is NOT a concussion.—
Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) October 27, 2013
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 71
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)