Oct 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
It’s not the start with his new team Magnus Paajarvi was probably hoping for.
Paajarvi, the St. Louis Blues’ young forward, left Saturday’s game against the Nashville Predators and will not return due to an upper-body injury, as per Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Paajarvi had played just 3:34 of the first period, and did not come out for the second.
In three games with the Blues, Paajarvi had yet to record a point.
In the second period against the Predators, St. Louis forward Chris Stewart went to the locker room after he was hit into the boards by Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist. That’s according to Rutherford, who reported a few minutes later that Stewart had returned to the bench.
Updated: Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock didn’t know the nature of Paajarvi’s injury but said it is “pretty significant,” according to a tweet from Rutherford.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)