Oct 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
It’s not the start with his new team Magnus Paajarvi was probably hoping for.
Paajarvi, the St. Louis Blues’ young forward, left Saturday’s game against the Nashville Predators and will not return due to an upper-body injury, as per Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Paajarvi had played just 3:34 of the first period, and did not come out for the second.
In three games with the Blues, Paajarvi had yet to record a point.
In the second period against the Predators, St. Louis forward Chris Stewart went to the locker room after he was hit into the boards by Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist. That’s according to Rutherford, who reported a few minutes later that Stewart had returned to the bench.
Updated: Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock didn’t know the nature of Paajarvi’s injury but said it is “pretty significant,” according to a tweet from Rutherford.
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 3
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 93
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 31
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 24
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (99)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)