Oct 26, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s not the start with his new team Magnus Paajarvi was probably hoping for.
Paajarvi, the St. Louis Blues’ young forward, left Saturday’s game against the Nashville Predators and will not return due to an upper-body injury, as per Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Paajarvi had played just 3:34 of the first period, and did not come out for the second.
In three games with the Blues, Paajarvi had yet to record a point.
In the second period against the Predators, St. Louis forward Chris Stewart went to the locker room after he was hit into the boards by Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist. That’s according to Rutherford, who reported a few minutes later that Stewart had returned to the bench.
Updated: Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock didn’t know the nature of Paajarvi’s injury but said it is “pretty significant,” according to a tweet from Rutherford.
Hitch blamed himself for putting Stewart back in the game. Again, the nature of the injury isn't yet known but it is NOT a concussion.—
Jeremy Rutherford (@jprutherford) October 27, 2013
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15