Oct 25, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
It’s easy to explain the Colorado Avalanche’s early success by what’s going right in 2013-14 that didn’t go well last season – especially when it comes to goaltending – but Matt Duchene is the team’s driving force.
Instead of throwing out a bunch of dazzling stats, let’s just watch another highlight reel goal. Here’s his seventh of the season, which came against Carolina on Friday:
Not too shabby. Is Team Canada taking notes?
Update: Duchene scored a second goal tonight and the Avalanche dominated the Carolina Hurricanes 4-1 to move back into first place in the West and NHL with 18 standings points.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)