Oct 25, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
It’s easy to explain the Colorado Avalanche’s early success by what’s going right in 2013-14 that didn’t go well last season – especially when it comes to goaltending – but Matt Duchene is the team’s driving force.
Instead of throwing out a bunch of dazzling stats, let’s just watch another highlight reel goal. Here’s his seventh of the season, which came against Carolina on Friday:
Not too shabby. Is Team Canada taking notes?
Update: Duchene scored a second goal tonight and the Avalanche dominated the Carolina Hurricanes 4-1 to move back into first place in the West and NHL with 18 standings points.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 9
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 19
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 40
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 64
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (101)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)