Oct 25, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
It’s easy to explain the Colorado Avalanche’s early success by what’s going right in 2013-14 that didn’t go well last season – especially when it comes to goaltending – but Matt Duchene is the team’s driving force.
Instead of throwing out a bunch of dazzling stats, let’s just watch another highlight reel goal. Here’s his seventh of the season, which came against Carolina on Friday:
Not too shabby. Is Team Canada taking notes?
Update: Duchene scored a second goal tonight and the Avalanche dominated the Carolina Hurricanes 4-1 to move back into first place in the West and NHL with 18 standings points.
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 13
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 13
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 32
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)