Oct 25, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
It’s easy to explain the Colorado Avalanche’s early success by what’s going right in 2013-14 that didn’t go well last season – especially when it comes to goaltending – but Matt Duchene is the team’s driving force.
Instead of throwing out a bunch of dazzling stats, let’s just watch another highlight reel goal. Here’s his seventh of the season, which came against Carolina on Friday:
Not too shabby. Is Team Canada taking notes?
Update: Duchene scored a second goal tonight and the Avalanche dominated the Carolina Hurricanes 4-1 to move back into first place in the West and NHL with 18 standings points.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 132
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)