Oct 25, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
It’s easy to explain the Colorado Avalanche’s early success by what’s going right in 2013-14 that didn’t go well last season – especially when it comes to goaltending – but Matt Duchene is the team’s driving force.
Instead of throwing out a bunch of dazzling stats, let’s just watch another highlight reel goal. Here’s his seventh of the season, which came against Carolina on Friday:
Not too shabby. Is Team Canada taking notes?
Update: Duchene scored a second goal tonight and the Avalanche dominated the Carolina Hurricanes 4-1 to move back into first place in the West and NHL with 18 standings points.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)