Oct 25, 2013, 12:06 PM EST
Announced attendance was a modest 13,203 for last night’s game between the Devils and Canucks at the 17,625-seat Prudential Center in Newark.
Based on what Vancouver head coach John Tortorella had to say after his team escaped with a 3-2 shootout win, the thousands that chose not to attend made a pretty wise decision.
“I don’t think I would have paid for a minute of that game,” Tortorella said, per NHL.com, “but it’s nice we came away with the two points.”
Suffice to say, it was no classic, with the two teams combining for just 51 shots in 65 minutes of action (if you could even call it that).
At the very least, the Devils fans that did show up got to see a nice passing play for the team’s first goal.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)