Oct 25, 2013, 4:08 PM EST
Stars defenseman Aaron Rome has been assigned to AHL Texas, according to a club release.
Rome was placed on waivers earlier this week. The 30-year-old (best known for getting suspended for the final four games of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final) has yet to play for the Stars this season. He has, however, played three games for Texas while on a conditioning assignment.
“I thought Kevin did an OK job in the game,” said head coach Lindy Ruff, per the Dallas Morning News. “For his first game, I thought he had some nerves early on, and I didn’t think he quite skated as well as I saw him skate in the pre-season, but I think you can package that all into the first game, and we’ll say you got it under your belt and we’ll go from here.”
Meanwhile, struggling d-man Alex Goligoski was a healthy scratch versus the Flames but should be back in the lineup shortly, according to Ruff, whether tomorrow at home to Winnipeg or Monday in Buffalo.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)