Oct 25, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Stars defenseman Aaron Rome has been assigned to AHL Texas, according to a club release.
Rome was placed on waivers earlier this week. The 30-year-old (best known for getting suspended for the final four games of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final) has yet to play for the Stars this season. He has, however, played three games for Texas while on a conditioning assignment.
“I thought Kevin did an OK job in the game,” said head coach Lindy Ruff, per the Dallas Morning News. “For his first game, I thought he had some nerves early on, and I didn’t think he quite skated as well as I saw him skate in the pre-season, but I think you can package that all into the first game, and we’ll say you got it under your belt and we’ll go from here.”
Meanwhile, struggling d-man Alex Goligoski was a healthy scratch versus the Flames but should be back in the lineup shortly, according to Ruff, whether tomorrow at home to Winnipeg or Monday in Buffalo.
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 6
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)