Oct 25, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Stars defenseman Aaron Rome has been assigned to AHL Texas, according to a club release.
Rome was placed on waivers earlier this week. The 30-year-old (best known for getting suspended for the final four games of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final) has yet to play for the Stars this season. He has, however, played three games for Texas while on a conditioning assignment.
“I thought Kevin did an OK job in the game,” said head coach Lindy Ruff, per the Dallas Morning News. “For his first game, I thought he had some nerves early on, and I didn’t think he quite skated as well as I saw him skate in the pre-season, but I think you can package that all into the first game, and we’ll say you got it under your belt and we’ll go from here.”
Meanwhile, struggling d-man Alex Goligoski was a healthy scratch versus the Flames but should be back in the lineup shortly, according to Ruff, whether tomorrow at home to Winnipeg or Monday in Buffalo.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22