Oct 25, 2013, 4:08 PM EST
Stars defenseman Aaron Rome has been assigned to AHL Texas, according to a club release.
Rome was placed on waivers earlier this week. The 30-year-old (best known for getting suspended for the final four games of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final) has yet to play for the Stars this season. He has, however, played three games for Texas while on a conditioning assignment.
“I thought Kevin did an OK job in the game,” said head coach Lindy Ruff, per the Dallas Morning News. “For his first game, I thought he had some nerves early on, and I didn’t think he quite skated as well as I saw him skate in the pre-season, but I think you can package that all into the first game, and we’ll say you got it under your belt and we’ll go from here.”
Meanwhile, struggling d-man Alex Goligoski was a healthy scratch versus the Flames but should be back in the lineup shortly, according to Ruff, whether tomorrow at home to Winnipeg or Monday in Buffalo.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (63)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)