Oct 25, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Stars defenseman Aaron Rome has been assigned to AHL Texas, according to a club release.
Rome was placed on waivers earlier this week. The 30-year-old (best known for getting suspended for the final four games of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final) has yet to play for the Stars this season. He has, however, played three games for Texas while on a conditioning assignment.
“I thought Kevin did an OK job in the game,” said head coach Lindy Ruff, per the Dallas Morning News. “For his first game, I thought he had some nerves early on, and I didn’t think he quite skated as well as I saw him skate in the pre-season, but I think you can package that all into the first game, and we’ll say you got it under your belt and we’ll go from here.”
Meanwhile, struggling d-man Alex Goligoski was a healthy scratch versus the Flames but should be back in the lineup shortly, according to Ruff, whether tomorrow at home to Winnipeg or Monday in Buffalo.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)