Oct 25, 2013, 9:26 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres keep losing players to suspensions (and keep losing games), so why not throw another injury into the miserable mix? The team announced that defenseman Mike Weber won’t return to Friday’s game against Florida because of an upper-body injury.
It appears that Weber, 25, might have suffered the injury while blocking a shot tonight.
Weber’s averaging a little more than 17 minutes per night. He hasn’t been able to collect a point in 11 games in 2013-14.
Update: Hey, at least Buffalo won tonight, though. They topped the Florida Panthers 3-1 thanks to a great performance by Jhonas Enroth.
- BREAKING: Assault changes against Varalmov dropped 1
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 1
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 48
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 63
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 31
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 62
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)