Oct 25, 2013, 9:26 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres keep losing players to suspensions (and keep losing games), so why not throw another injury into the miserable mix? The team announced that defenseman Mike Weber won’t return to Friday’s game against Florida because of an upper-body injury.
It appears that Weber, 25, might have suffered the injury while blocking a shot tonight.
Weber’s averaging a little more than 17 minutes per night. He hasn’t been able to collect a point in 11 games in 2013-14.
Update: Hey, at least Buffalo won tonight, though. They topped the Florida Panthers 3-1 thanks to a great performance by Jhonas Enroth.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 18
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)