Oct 25, 2013, 9:26 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres keep losing players to suspensions (and keep losing games), so why not throw another injury into the miserable mix? The team announced that defenseman Mike Weber won’t return to Friday’s game against Florida because of an upper-body injury.
It appears that Weber, 25, might have suffered the injury while blocking a shot tonight.
Weber’s averaging a little more than 17 minutes per night. He hasn’t been able to collect a point in 11 games in 2013-14.
Update: Hey, at least Buffalo won tonight, though. They topped the Florida Panthers 3-1 thanks to a great performance by Jhonas Enroth.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46