Oct 25, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres keep losing players to suspensions (and keep losing games), so why not throw another injury into the miserable mix? The team announced that defenseman Mike Weber won’t return to Friday’s game against Florida because of an upper-body injury.
It appears that Weber, 25, might have suffered the injury while blocking a shot tonight.
Weber’s averaging a little more than 17 minutes per night. He hasn’t been able to collect a point in 11 games in 2013-14.
Update: Hey, at least Buffalo won tonight, though. They topped the Florida Panthers 3-1 thanks to a great performance by Jhonas Enroth.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (42)