Oct 25, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres keep losing players to suspensions (and keep losing games), so why not throw another injury into the miserable mix? The team announced that defenseman Mike Weber won’t return to Friday’s game against Florida because of an upper-body injury.
It appears that Weber, 25, might have suffered the injury while blocking a shot tonight.
Weber’s averaging a little more than 17 minutes per night. He hasn’t been able to collect a point in 11 games in 2013-14.
Update: Hey, at least Buffalo won tonight, though. They topped the Florida Panthers 3-1 thanks to a great performance by Jhonas Enroth.
- Report: Hamilton to sign six-year deal with Flames 0
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 25
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 12
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 3
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 31
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)