Oct 25, 2013, 7:39 PM EST
Friday presented some great injury news for the Anaheim Ducks, as Dustin Penner skated for the first time since that suspension-worthy hit by Ryan Garbutt – and he did so without concussion symptoms – according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
He’s obviously not playing in tonight’s game against the Ottawa Senators, yet Stephens reports that Penner might join up with the Ducks in Columbus (they face the Blue Jackets on Sunday).
That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll play for the Ducks against Columbus this weekend, but even traveling with the team is a great step in the right direction.
The 31-year-old’s had an up-and-down start to his second tour with the Ducks, but he showed a little zip playing with stars Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. It’s anyone’s guess if he’d get that gig again once he returns, but he could still be of value for Anaheim in other constellations.
Speaking of Ducks forwards, Teemu Selanne isn’t playing against the Sens tonight, either.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)