Oct 25, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Friday presented some great injury news for the Anaheim Ducks, as Dustin Penner skated for the first time since that suspension-worthy hit by Ryan Garbutt – and he did so without concussion symptoms – according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
He’s obviously not playing in tonight’s game against the Ottawa Senators, yet Stephens reports that Penner might join up with the Ducks in Columbus (they face the Blue Jackets on Sunday).
That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll play for the Ducks against Columbus this weekend, but even traveling with the team is a great step in the right direction.
The 31-year-old’s had an up-and-down start to his second tour with the Ducks, but he showed a little zip playing with stars Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. It’s anyone’s guess if he’d get that gig again once he returns, but he could still be of value for Anaheim in other constellations.
Speaking of Ducks forwards, Teemu Selanne isn’t playing against the Sens tonight, either.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)