Oct 25, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Friday presented some great injury news for the Anaheim Ducks, as Dustin Penner skated for the first time since that suspension-worthy hit by Ryan Garbutt – and he did so without concussion symptoms – according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
He’s obviously not playing in tonight’s game against the Ottawa Senators, yet Stephens reports that Penner might join up with the Ducks in Columbus (they face the Blue Jackets on Sunday).
That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll play for the Ducks against Columbus this weekend, but even traveling with the team is a great step in the right direction.
The 31-year-old’s had an up-and-down start to his second tour with the Ducks, but he showed a little zip playing with stars Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. It’s anyone’s guess if he’d get that gig again once he returns, but he could still be of value for Anaheim in other constellations.
Speaking of Ducks forwards, Teemu Selanne isn’t playing against the Sens tonight, either.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 16
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)