Oct 25, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Friday presented some great injury news for the Anaheim Ducks, as Dustin Penner skated for the first time since that suspension-worthy hit by Ryan Garbutt – and he did so without concussion symptoms – according to the OC Register’s Eric Stephens.
He’s obviously not playing in tonight’s game against the Ottawa Senators, yet Stephens reports that Penner might join up with the Ducks in Columbus (they face the Blue Jackets on Sunday).
That doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll play for the Ducks against Columbus this weekend, but even traveling with the team is a great step in the right direction.
The 31-year-old’s had an up-and-down start to his second tour with the Ducks, but he showed a little zip playing with stars Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. It’s anyone’s guess if he’d get that gig again once he returns, but he could still be of value for Anaheim in other constellations.
Speaking of Ducks forwards, Teemu Selanne isn’t playing against the Sens tonight, either.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 27
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 11
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)