Oct 25, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Korpikoski, 27, missed Thursday night’s 7-4 loss to Los Angeles with an upper-body injury. The Finnish forward — who signed a four-year, $10 million extension in July — is an important role player for the ‘Yotes, having notched two points in 10 games this year while averaging over 15 minutes per game.
The 6-foot-1, 205 pound winger has shown some major physicality this season as well. He sits second among all Phoenix skaters with 33 hits, 11th most in the NHL and ninth among all forwards (just eight back of teammate Martin Hanzal, who sits second with 41 hits).
It remains to be seen how much time Korpikoski will miss. The Coyotes play Saturday against Edmonton, Tuesday against Los Angeles and Thursday against Nashville, so the amount of games lost to injury will depend if his IR stint begins today, or if he was placed on there retroactively.
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 4
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)