Oct 25, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
Korpikoski, 27, missed Thursday night’s 7-4 loss to Los Angeles with an upper-body injury. The Finnish forward — who signed a four-year, $10 million extension in July — is an important role player for the ‘Yotes, having notched two points in 10 games this year while averaging over 15 minutes per game.
The 6-foot-1, 205 pound winger has shown some major physicality this season as well. He sits second among all Phoenix skaters with 33 hits, 11th most in the NHL and ninth among all forwards (just eight back of teammate Martin Hanzal, who sits second with 41 hits).
It remains to be seen how much time Korpikoski will miss. The Coyotes play Saturday against Edmonton, Tuesday against Los Angeles and Thursday against Nashville, so the amount of games lost to injury will depend if his IR stint begins today, or if he was placed on there retroactively.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 0
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)