Oct 25, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Pouliot was given a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct for this knock from behind, one that temporarily forced Talbot from the contest:
Following the contest, Talbot admitted he was falling prior to the hit, which may have played into its severity.
“I can’t really skate that well, so I may have stumbled on my feet,” he said, as per CSN Philly. “I didn’t feel like I got pushed or anything.”
Talbot said he left immediately to undergo concussion testing/protocol, but returned to the game as his head “felt fine.”
As for Pouliot, the Rangers “gagged” him from speaking following the game, according to the New York Daily News. Head coach Alain Vigneault did address the hit, though.
“I thought Pouliot was trying to go shoulder to shoulder and (Max) Talbot lost his step a little bit and fell awkwardly into the boards,” the Rangers’ bench boss explained.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)