Oct 25, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Pouliot was given a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct for this knock from behind, one that temporarily forced Talbot from the contest:
Following the contest, Talbot admitted he was falling prior to the hit, which may have played into its severity.
“I can’t really skate that well, so I may have stumbled on my feet,” he said, as per CSN Philly. “I didn’t feel like I got pushed or anything.”
Talbot said he left immediately to undergo concussion testing/protocol, but returned to the game as his head “felt fine.”
As for Pouliot, the Rangers “gagged” him from speaking following the game, according to the New York Daily News. Head coach Alain Vigneault did address the hit, though.
“I thought Pouliot was trying to go shoulder to shoulder and (Max) Talbot lost his step a little bit and fell awkwardly into the boards,” the Rangers’ bench boss explained.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34