Oct 25, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Pouliot was given a five-minute boarding major and game misconduct for this knock from behind, one that temporarily forced Talbot from the contest:
Following the contest, Talbot admitted he was falling prior to the hit, which may have played into its severity.
“I can’t really skate that well, so I may have stumbled on my feet,” he said, as per CSN Philly. “I didn’t feel like I got pushed or anything.”
Talbot said he left immediately to undergo concussion testing/protocol, but returned to the game as his head “felt fine.”
As for Pouliot, the Rangers “gagged” him from speaking following the game, according to the New York Daily News. Head coach Alain Vigneault did address the hit, though.
“I thought Pouliot was trying to go shoulder to shoulder and (Max) Talbot lost his step a little bit and fell awkwardly into the boards,” the Rangers’ bench boss explained.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 0
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (42)