Oct 25, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
To head coach Randy Carlyle’s chagrin, Lupul injured his foot blocking a shot in practice on Friday. He wasn’t wearing shot blockers on his feet in practice.
It’s expected that Josh Leivo will take his spot in the lineup, although more focus will be on the belated season debut of big-ticket free agent acquisition David Clarkson. TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that Frazer McLaren will also play his first game in 2013-14.
Lupul’s had a strong start to the 2013-14 season, scoring 10 points – including six goals on 33 shots – in 10 games.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)