Oct 25, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
To head coach Randy Carlyle’s chagrin, Lupul injured his foot blocking a shot in practice on Friday. He wasn’t wearing shot blockers on his feet in practice.
It’s expected that Josh Leivo will take his spot in the lineup, although more focus will be on the belated season debut of big-ticket free agent acquisition David Clarkson. TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports that Frazer McLaren will also play his first game in 2013-14.
Lupul’s had a strong start to the 2013-14 season, scoring 10 points – including six goals on 33 shots – in 10 games.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 4
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)