Oct 25, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Call it adopting their feisty coach’s attitude or just winning some close games, but the Vancouver Canucks are now on a three-game winning streak, including Friday’s 3-2 OT win against the St. Louis Blues.
All three of those victories came by a single goal. In tonight’s case, Ryan Kesler was the difference-maker, scoring two goals, including the overtime-clincher:
Kesler, 29, also found the net midway through the second period:
Kesler now has seven goals on the season.
While Vancouver is now on a three-game winning streak to finish a seven-game road trip 5-2-0, the Blues have lost two in a row.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 15
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 31
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 44
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 28
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)