Oct 25, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Call it adopting their feisty coach’s attitude or just winning some close games, but the Vancouver Canucks are now on a three-game winning streak, including Friday’s 3-2 OT win against the St. Louis Blues.
All three of those victories came by a single goal. In tonight’s case, Ryan Kesler was the difference-maker, scoring two goals, including the overtime-clincher:
Kesler, 29, also found the net midway through the second period:
Kesler now has seven goals on the season.
While Vancouver is now on a three-game winning streak to finish a seven-game road trip 5-2-0, the Blues have lost two in a row.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6