Oct 25, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets are finding it tough to look on the bright side.
And to be sure, there was a bright side to last night’s 3-2 overtime loss in Nashville. The Jets (4-5-2) were trailing late in the third period before Blake Wheeler tied it with 3:01 remaining, guaranteeing at least a point for his club.
But then this happened in the final seconds of the extra frame:
Two blown clearances and it was over.
For Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec, it was more frustration.
“We got the point and that’s a good thing but I don’t know what to say, it’s frustrating,” Pavelec said, per the Winnipeg Sun.
“Positive? We lost the game in overtime. I don’t take any positive. We needed points and that’s all that matters. If we’re going to tell ourselves, oh well, we played good in one period and we’re going to build on it. No. At the end of the day we needed two points.”
We’ve written about the Jets’ ongoing inconsistency plenty already this season. After starting with two wins, they’ve only won twice in their last nine tries, with the majority of those contests being played on home ice.
Winnipeg’s four-game road trip continues Saturday in Dallas, followed by visits to Colorado Sunday and St. Louis Tuesday.
Related: Claude Noel is Under Pressure
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)