Oct 25, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets are finding it tough to look on the bright side.
And to be sure, there was a bright side to last night’s 3-2 overtime loss in Nashville. The Jets (4-5-2) were trailing late in the third period before Blake Wheeler tied it with 3:01 remaining, guaranteeing at least a point for his club.
But then this happened in the final seconds of the extra frame:
Two blown clearances and it was over.
For Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec, it was more frustration.
“We got the point and that’s a good thing but I don’t know what to say, it’s frustrating,” Pavelec said, per the Winnipeg Sun.
“Positive? We lost the game in overtime. I don’t take any positive. We needed points and that’s all that matters. If we’re going to tell ourselves, oh well, we played good in one period and we’re going to build on it. No. At the end of the day we needed two points.”
We’ve written about the Jets’ ongoing inconsistency plenty already this season. After starting with two wins, they’ve only won twice in their last nine tries, with the majority of those contests being played on home ice.
Winnipeg’s four-game road trip continues Saturday in Dallas, followed by visits to Colorado Sunday and St. Louis Tuesday.
Related: Claude Noel is Under Pressure
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 51
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)