Oct 25, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
The Winnipeg Jets are finding it tough to look on the bright side.
And to be sure, there was a bright side to last night’s 3-2 overtime loss in Nashville. The Jets (4-5-2) were trailing late in the third period before Blake Wheeler tied it with 3:01 remaining, guaranteeing at least a point for his club.
But then this happened in the final seconds of the extra frame:
Two blown clearances and it was over.
For Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec, it was more frustration.
“We got the point and that’s a good thing but I don’t know what to say, it’s frustrating,” Pavelec said, per the Winnipeg Sun.
“Positive? We lost the game in overtime. I don’t take any positive. We needed points and that’s all that matters. If we’re going to tell ourselves, oh well, we played good in one period and we’re going to build on it. No. At the end of the day we needed two points.”
We’ve written about the Jets’ ongoing inconsistency plenty already this season. After starting with two wins, they’ve only won twice in their last nine tries, with the majority of those contests being played on home ice.
Winnipeg’s four-game road trip continues Saturday in Dallas, followed by visits to Colorado Sunday and St. Louis Tuesday.
Related: Claude Noel is Under Pressure
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 9
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)