Oct 25, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets are finding it tough to look on the bright side.
And to be sure, there was a bright side to last night’s 3-2 overtime loss in Nashville. The Jets (4-5-2) were trailing late in the third period before Blake Wheeler tied it with 3:01 remaining, guaranteeing at least a point for his club.
But then this happened in the final seconds of the extra frame:
Two blown clearances and it was over.
For Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec, it was more frustration.
“We got the point and that’s a good thing but I don’t know what to say, it’s frustrating,” Pavelec said, per the Winnipeg Sun.
“Positive? We lost the game in overtime. I don’t take any positive. We needed points and that’s all that matters. If we’re going to tell ourselves, oh well, we played good in one period and we’re going to build on it. No. At the end of the day we needed two points.”
We’ve written about the Jets’ ongoing inconsistency plenty already this season. After starting with two wins, they’ve only won twice in their last nine tries, with the majority of those contests being played on home ice.
Winnipeg’s four-game road trip continues Saturday in Dallas, followed by visits to Colorado Sunday and St. Louis Tuesday.
Related: Claude Noel is Under Pressure
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)