Oct 25, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets are finding it tough to look on the bright side.
And to be sure, there was a bright side to last night’s 3-2 overtime loss in Nashville. The Jets (4-5-2) were trailing late in the third period before Blake Wheeler tied it with 3:01 remaining, guaranteeing at least a point for his club.
But then this happened in the final seconds of the extra frame:
Two blown clearances and it was over.
For Jets goalie Ondrej Pavelec, it was more frustration.
“We got the point and that’s a good thing but I don’t know what to say, it’s frustrating,” Pavelec said, per the Winnipeg Sun.
“Positive? We lost the game in overtime. I don’t take any positive. We needed points and that’s all that matters. If we’re going to tell ourselves, oh well, we played good in one period and we’re going to build on it. No. At the end of the day we needed two points.”
We’ve written about the Jets’ ongoing inconsistency plenty already this season. After starting with two wins, they’ve only won twice in their last nine tries, with the majority of those contests being played on home ice.
Winnipeg’s four-game road trip continues Saturday in Dallas, followed by visits to Colorado Sunday and St. Louis Tuesday.
Related: Claude Noel is Under Pressure
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 1
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 28
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)