Oct 25, 2013, 9:58 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins brought a 2-1 lead into the middle of the third period Friday night, but a flurry of goals gave the New York Islanders an eventual 4-3 win.
Frans Nielsen tied things up 2-2 12:46 into the final frame, but Deryk Engelland regained Pittsburgh’s lead 16 seconds later. Pierre-Marc Bouchard made it 3-3 less than a minute after that Engelland tally and that Josh Bailey scored the game-winner with less than two minutes left.
Nielsen is on fire, by the way, with a blistering six points (two goals, four assists) in his last two games. His 14 points in 2013-14 ties him with Steven Stamkos.
The Penguins weren’t the only people stunned after this game, as New York Newsday’s Arthur Staple captures.
#Isles win, 4-3. I’m still not sure how.
— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) October 26, 2013
The Islanders broke a two-game losing streak while the Penguins find themselves in a two-game losing streak of their own.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Senators still scheduled to host the Maple Leafs tonight.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Flyers-Blackhawks game.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:11 AM EDT
“I think if the authorities act properly and do a complete investigation, they will have to find that charges are not warranted.”
Oct 22, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
With second division outfit EV Landshut.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
It would have been an incredible goal.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
Canucks coach Willie Desjardins fought against the idea that Dallas got lucky last night.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:35 AM EDT
Maybe this is what Philadelphia needs.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:56 AM EDT
Yes, there was a goaltender in net.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:15 AM EDT
“We’re not sharp mentally.”
Oct 22, 2014, 1:40 AM EDT
Wonder if the Devils fan behind him was a face-painter?
Oct 22, 2014, 1:11 AM EDT
Had the lead going into the third period.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Do a little dance. Make some big saves. Shut out tonight.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Toronto took this one over in the second period.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
Is a call from the league next?
Oct 21, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
David Desharnais with his first of the season.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
No call on that play.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
It’s gone from bad to worse for Vancouver.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Happened on an innocent enough play.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
Outplayed Philly big time in first period.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
Bet that felt good.
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 0
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 15
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 4
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)