Oct 25, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Some news and notes from around the crease…
Buffalo turns to Enroth
Looking to snap out of their funk, the Sabres will turn to Jhonas Enroth on Friday in the hopes of securing their second win of the season.
Enroth, 25, was pegged to challenge Ryan Miller for Buffalo’s No. 1 gig coming into the year, but some strong play by Miller — he’s been Buffalo’s best player — has kept Enroth from making much of an impact.
The Swedish netminder has played just three times this year and hasn’t seen game action since Oct. 14 vs. Minnesota.
Zatkoff gets second game of year
After a rough Pittsburgh debut, Jeff Zatkoff will get to make amends tonight against the Islanders.
The 26-year-old, now Marc-Andre Fleury‘s backup with Tomas Vokoun on LTIR, will play for the first time since allowing six goals on 30 shots in his first game as a Penguin — a 6-3 loss to Florida on Oct. 11.
Zatkoff sounds he’s ready to rebound from that poor performance.
“There will be people out there that judge after one [game], but it’s one game,” he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I’ve had some time to work in practice and be ready for the next one.”
— Jonathan Bernier looks to be in goal for Toronto vs. Columbus tonight. It would be his fourth consecutive start.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5