Oct 25, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Some news and notes from around the crease…
Buffalo turns to Enroth
Looking to snap out of their funk, the Sabres will turn to Jhonas Enroth on Friday in the hopes of securing their second win of the season.
Enroth, 25, was pegged to challenge Ryan Miller for Buffalo’s No. 1 gig coming into the year, but some strong play by Miller — he’s been Buffalo’s best player — has kept Enroth from making much of an impact.
The Swedish netminder has played just three times this year and hasn’t seen game action since Oct. 14 vs. Minnesota.
Zatkoff gets second game of year
After a rough Pittsburgh debut, Jeff Zatkoff will get to make amends tonight against the Islanders.
The 26-year-old, now Marc-Andre Fleury‘s backup with Tomas Vokoun on LTIR, will play for the first time since allowing six goals on 30 shots in his first game as a Penguin — a 6-3 loss to Florida on Oct. 11.
Zatkoff sounds he’s ready to rebound from that poor performance.
“There will be people out there that judge after one [game], but it’s one game,” he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I’ve had some time to work in practice and be ready for the next one.”
— Jonathan Bernier looks to be in goal for Toronto vs. Columbus tonight. It would be his fourth consecutive start.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)