Oct 25, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Some news and notes from around the crease…
Buffalo turns to Enroth
Looking to snap out of their funk, the Sabres will turn to Jhonas Enroth on Friday in the hopes of securing their second win of the season.
Enroth, 25, was pegged to challenge Ryan Miller for Buffalo’s No. 1 gig coming into the year, but some strong play by Miller — he’s been Buffalo’s best player — has kept Enroth from making much of an impact.
The Swedish netminder has played just three times this year and hasn’t seen game action since Oct. 14 vs. Minnesota.
Zatkoff gets second game of year
After a rough Pittsburgh debut, Jeff Zatkoff will get to make amends tonight against the Islanders.
The 26-year-old, now Marc-Andre Fleury‘s backup with Tomas Vokoun on LTIR, will play for the first time since allowing six goals on 30 shots in his first game as a Penguin — a 6-3 loss to Florida on Oct. 11.
Zatkoff sounds he’s ready to rebound from that poor performance.
“There will be people out there that judge after one [game], but it’s one game,” he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I’ve had some time to work in practice and be ready for the next one.”
— Jonathan Bernier looks to be in goal for Toronto vs. Columbus tonight. It would be his fourth consecutive start.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38