Oct 25, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
Some news and notes from around the crease…
Buffalo turns to Enroth
Looking to snap out of their funk, the Sabres will turn to Jhonas Enroth on Friday in the hopes of securing their second win of the season.
Enroth, 25, was pegged to challenge Ryan Miller for Buffalo’s No. 1 gig coming into the year, but some strong play by Miller — he’s been Buffalo’s best player — has kept Enroth from making much of an impact.
The Swedish netminder has played just three times this year and hasn’t seen game action since Oct. 14 vs. Minnesota.
Zatkoff gets second game of year
After a rough Pittsburgh debut, Jeff Zatkoff will get to make amends tonight against the Islanders.
The 26-year-old, now Marc-Andre Fleury‘s backup with Tomas Vokoun on LTIR, will play for the first time since allowing six goals on 30 shots in his first game as a Penguin — a 6-3 loss to Florida on Oct. 11.
Zatkoff sounds he’s ready to rebound from that poor performance.
“There will be people out there that judge after one [game], but it’s one game,” he told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “I’ve had some time to work in practice and be ready for the next one.”
— Jonathan Bernier looks to be in goal for Toronto vs. Columbus tonight. It would be his fourth consecutive start.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)