Oct 25, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Gleason, 30, will make his season debut after suffering a concussion during the preseason, one that cost him the first 10 games of the year. It’ll also mark the 600th NHL contest of Gleason’s career.
The news is not so good for ‘Canes forward Jeff Skinner, though. Skinner is dealing with an upper-body injury that isn’t believed to be too serious — he skated at the Pepsi Center on Friday — but will hold him out tonight, and possibly for Monday’s game against Pittsburgh.
The Skinner loss is a big one for Carolina’s offense. He has three goals and nine points in 10 games this season.
In other lineup moves, veteran blueliner Mike Komisarek will draw back in vs. the Avs after a stint as a healthy scratch, and rookie forward Elias Lindholm will also get on the lineup card after missing time with a shoulder injury.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7