Oct 25, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Gleason, 30, will make his season debut after suffering a concussion during the preseason, one that cost him the first 10 games of the year. It’ll also mark the 600th NHL contest of Gleason’s career.
The news is not so good for ‘Canes forward Jeff Skinner, though. Skinner is dealing with an upper-body injury that isn’t believed to be too serious — he skated at the Pepsi Center on Friday — but will hold him out tonight, and possibly for Monday’s game against Pittsburgh.
The Skinner loss is a big one for Carolina’s offense. He has three goals and nine points in 10 games this season.
In other lineup moves, veteran blueliner Mike Komisarek will draw back in vs. the Avs after a stint as a healthy scratch, and rookie forward Elias Lindholm will also get on the lineup card after missing time with a shoulder injury.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)