Oct 25, 2013, 4:44 PM EST
Gleason, 30, will make his season debut after suffering a concussion during the preseason, one that cost him the first 10 games of the year. It’ll also mark the 600th NHL contest of Gleason’s career.
The news is not so good for ‘Canes forward Jeff Skinner, though. Skinner is dealing with an upper-body injury that isn’t believed to be too serious — he skated at the Pepsi Center on Friday — but will hold him out tonight, and possibly for Monday’s game against Pittsburgh.
The Skinner loss is a big one for Carolina’s offense. He has three goals and nine points in 10 games this season.
In other lineup moves, veteran blueliner Mike Komisarek will draw back in vs. the Avs after a stint as a healthy scratch, and rookie forward Elias Lindholm will also get on the lineup card after missing time with a shoulder injury.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)