Oct 25, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Gleason, 30, will make his season debut after suffering a concussion during the preseason, one that cost him the first 10 games of the year. It’ll also mark the 600th NHL contest of Gleason’s career.
The news is not so good for ‘Canes forward Jeff Skinner, though. Skinner is dealing with an upper-body injury that isn’t believed to be too serious — he skated at the Pepsi Center on Friday — but will hold him out tonight, and possibly for Monday’s game against Pittsburgh.
The Skinner loss is a big one for Carolina’s offense. He has three goals and nine points in 10 games this season.
In other lineup moves, veteran blueliner Mike Komisarek will draw back in vs. the Avs after a stint as a healthy scratch, and rookie forward Elias Lindholm will also get on the lineup card after missing time with a shoulder injury.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)