Oct 25, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Gleason, 30, will make his season debut after suffering a concussion during the preseason, one that cost him the first 10 games of the year. It’ll also mark the 600th NHL contest of Gleason’s career.
The news is not so good for ‘Canes forward Jeff Skinner, though. Skinner is dealing with an upper-body injury that isn’t believed to be too serious — he skated at the Pepsi Center on Friday — but will hold him out tonight, and possibly for Monday’s game against Pittsburgh.
The Skinner loss is a big one for Carolina’s offense. He has three goals and nine points in 10 games this season.
In other lineup moves, veteran blueliner Mike Komisarek will draw back in vs. the Avs after a stint as a healthy scratch, and rookie forward Elias Lindholm will also get on the lineup card after missing time with a shoulder injury.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63