Oct 25, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt told the team Web site that he had a “good talk” with Brendan Shanahan regarding his hit on Dustin Penner, and that he “definitely accepts” the punishment. That doesn’t mean that the 28-year-old is going to stop throwing his body around, though.
“I think I’ll have to make small adjustments. I can’t change the player I am out there,” Garbutt said. “I am going to play the game fast and things happen fast out there. You don’t want to see guys get hurt. I might have to change a couple things.”
Here’s the suspension explanation video:
That check cost him five games of NHL action and more than $14K.
On the bright side, reports surfaced on Friday that Penner resumed skating without concussion symptoms and might join his Anaheim Ducks teammates again as early as this weekend.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 20
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)