Oct 25, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt told the team Web site that he had a “good talk” with Brendan Shanahan regarding his hit on Dustin Penner, and that he “definitely accepts” the punishment. That doesn’t mean that the 28-year-old is going to stop throwing his body around, though.
“I think I’ll have to make small adjustments. I can’t change the player I am out there,” Garbutt said. “I am going to play the game fast and things happen fast out there. You don’t want to see guys get hurt. I might have to change a couple things.”
Here’s the suspension explanation video:
That check cost him five games of NHL action and more than $14K.
On the bright side, reports surfaced on Friday that Penner resumed skating without concussion symptoms and might join his Anaheim Ducks teammates again as early as this weekend.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 6
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)