Oct 25, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt told the team Web site that he had a “good talk” with Brendan Shanahan regarding his hit on Dustin Penner, and that he “definitely accepts” the punishment. That doesn’t mean that the 28-year-old is going to stop throwing his body around, though.
“I think I’ll have to make small adjustments. I can’t change the player I am out there,” Garbutt said. “I am going to play the game fast and things happen fast out there. You don’t want to see guys get hurt. I might have to change a couple things.”
Here’s the suspension explanation video:
That check cost him five games of NHL action and more than $14K.
On the bright side, reports surfaced on Friday that Penner resumed skating without concussion symptoms and might join his Anaheim Ducks teammates again as early as this weekend.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)