Oct 25, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt told the team Web site that he had a “good talk” with Brendan Shanahan regarding his hit on Dustin Penner, and that he “definitely accepts” the punishment. That doesn’t mean that the 28-year-old is going to stop throwing his body around, though.
“I think I’ll have to make small adjustments. I can’t change the player I am out there,” Garbutt said. “I am going to play the game fast and things happen fast out there. You don’t want to see guys get hurt. I might have to change a couple things.”
Here’s the suspension explanation video:
That check cost him five games of NHL action and more than $14K.
On the bright side, reports surfaced on Friday that Penner resumed skating without concussion symptoms and might join his Anaheim Ducks teammates again as early as this weekend.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 2
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 7
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 108
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7