Oct 25, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Dallas Stars forward Ryan Garbutt told the team Web site that he had a “good talk” with Brendan Shanahan regarding his hit on Dustin Penner, and that he “definitely accepts” the punishment. That doesn’t mean that the 28-year-old is going to stop throwing his body around, though.
“I think I’ll have to make small adjustments. I can’t change the player I am out there,” Garbutt said. “I am going to play the game fast and things happen fast out there. You don’t want to see guys get hurt. I might have to change a couple things.”
Here’s the suspension explanation video:
That check cost him five games of NHL action and more than $14K.
On the bright side, reports surfaced on Friday that Penner resumed skating without concussion symptoms and might join his Anaheim Ducks teammates again as early as this weekend.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25