Oct 25, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
Despite leading Philadelphia in goals this season, Tye McGinn was sent to AHL Adirondack on Friday.
McGinn, 23, is tops among all Flyers with three goals in just four games played. While that might not seem like an overly impressive figure, it carries weight when you consider the Flyers have just 13 goals all season — so, to put it another way, Philly just sent 23 percent of its total offense to the minors.
The reason for McGinn’s demotion is because injured forward Scott Hartnell is ready to make his return on Saturday against the Islanders. Hartnell suffered an upper-body injury on Oct. 11 and has missed the last four games.
In an interesting twist, Philly chose to keep 24-year-old Austrian rookie Michael Raffl up instead of McGinn. Raffl skated on the club’s top line Thursday with Vinny Lecavalier and Claude Giroux, recording one shot on goal.
It has to be said that McGinn has gone silent after his early scoring binge. He’s failed to record a shot over his last two games despite playing on a line with Brayden Schenn and Jake Voracek, a spot Hartnell will fill against the Isles.
Dec 12, 2013, 9:12 AM EST
They’ve dug themselves a big hole early on.
Dec 12, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
That and all the links you need to start the day.
Dec 12, 2013, 7:15 AM EST
Perhaps up to $71 million for next season.
Dec 12, 2013, 1:30 AM EST
Some kind of pace he’s on.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 AM EST
Dropped third straight on Tuesday.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
Couple of beauties.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:04 AM EST
Taking positives, despite result.
Dec 11, 2013, 11:27 PM EST
Interesting comment to make.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:59 PM EST
Turned for the Flyers in second period, got worse from there.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:26 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
That was fast.
Dec 11, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Dec 11, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
Not a big deal to him, though.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Rivalry Night starts with a bang.
Dec 11, 2013, 8:07 PM EST
“I’m sure it’s going to be up there. It’s going to be steep.”
Dec 11, 2013, 7:48 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Tampa Bay-Washington game.
Dec 11, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
“I’m not too worried about someone coming after me.”
Dec 11, 2013, 6:48 PM EST
Physical defenseman was 10th overall pick in his draft class.
Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM EST
Incident occurred during Tuesday’s Carolina-Edmonton game.
Dec 11, 2013, 5:20 PM EST
Only five others have done it before.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 3
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 33
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 63
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 31
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)