Oct 25, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Despite leading Philadelphia in goals this season, Tye McGinn was sent to AHL Adirondack on Friday.
McGinn, 23, is tops among all Flyers with three goals in just four games played. While that might not seem like an overly impressive figure, it carries weight when you consider the Flyers have just 13 goals all season — so, to put it another way, Philly just sent 23 percent of its total offense to the minors.
The reason for McGinn’s demotion is because injured forward Scott Hartnell is ready to make his return on Saturday against the Islanders. Hartnell suffered an upper-body injury on Oct. 11 and has missed the last four games.
In an interesting twist, Philly chose to keep 24-year-old Austrian rookie Michael Raffl up instead of McGinn. Raffl skated on the club’s top line Thursday with Vinny Lecavalier and Claude Giroux, recording one shot on goal.
It has to be said that McGinn has gone silent after his early scoring binge. He’s failed to record a shot over his last two games despite playing on a line with Brayden Schenn and Jake Voracek, a spot Hartnell will fill against the Isles.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
He had 17 points for Calgary last season.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
No real surprise, right?
Aug 1, 2014, 6:03 PM EDT
His stats and Stanley Cup victories have us perplexed.
Aug 1, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
He’s gunning to make an impression on L.A.’s blue line corps.
Aug 1, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
Teemu forever and ever and ever.
Aug 1, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
He’s win the Cup twice and has two Olympic gold medals, but he hasn’t captured the Norris Trophy yet.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Montreal and the defenseman can still negotiate until the ruling, but no talks are scheduled.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
They’re trying to re-sign both of them this summer.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
They averaged 3.38 goals per game in the postseason.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
They still might avoid the ruling though.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
Sunny Mehta wrote two books on the card game, but he’s turned his attention to advanced statistics in sports.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
His relationship with Panthers GM Dale Tallon made a big difference.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Will Los Angeles regret opting against a buyout?
Aug 1, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Taking a look at the 2014 champions on Friday.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Lou Lamoriello says those SO struggles are “not a focus.”
Jul 31, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
“It will help me down the road.”
Jul 31, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Have fun making up captions with this one.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
The team estimates he’ll miss two weeks of on-ice training.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
The former first-rounder still needs to prove himself.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:18 PM EDT
The forward is already endearing himself to Blue Jackets fans.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)