Oct 25, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Despite leading Philadelphia in goals this season, Tye McGinn was sent to AHL Adirondack on Friday.
McGinn, 23, is tops among all Flyers with three goals in just four games played. While that might not seem like an overly impressive figure, it carries weight when you consider the Flyers have just 13 goals all season — so, to put it another way, Philly just sent 23 percent of its total offense to the minors.
The reason for McGinn’s demotion is because injured forward Scott Hartnell is ready to make his return on Saturday against the Islanders. Hartnell suffered an upper-body injury on Oct. 11 and has missed the last four games.
In an interesting twist, Philly chose to keep 24-year-old Austrian rookie Michael Raffl up instead of McGinn. Raffl skated on the club’s top line Thursday with Vinny Lecavalier and Claude Giroux, recording one shot on goal.
It has to be said that McGinn has gone silent after his early scoring binge. He’s failed to record a shot over his last two games despite playing on a line with Brayden Schenn and Jake Voracek, a spot Hartnell will fill against the Isles.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
More magic from Paul Stastny?
Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
Quite a busy 2:26 of ice time.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
“I have to be better.”
Apr 19, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
The Blues coach mostly pleads the fifth.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
His play may wind up costing him a suspension.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Pittsburgh carries a 1-0 series lead into Saturday.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Things changed fast late in the third period.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
His penalty got things going in the wrong direction for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Apr 19, 2014, 5:34 PM EDT
Memo to players: wear a cup.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
His goal is the difference in the game through two.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
He’s been out since March 29 with a knee injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:09 PM EDT
He’s missed three games with an upper-body injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The Blackhawks look to head home with a split.
Apr 19, 2014, 2:24 PM EDT
He’s aiming to return for Game 3 on Tuesday.
Apr 19, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
He avoided a suspension for the act.
Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
He’s been out since April 3.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
A fine may be in his future.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT
He missed Game 2 with an injury.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
Pulling the goalie with three minutes went over very well.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62