Oct 25, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle is on the road to recovery after being knocked unconscious by a hit from behind by St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre on October 15. One thing he’s not doing, however, is easily forgiving Lapierre.
Boyle spoke with reporters for the first time since the incident and says he doesn’t remember anything about it happening. After watching video of the incident, he’s not pleased with how it went down as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares.
“He left a message. I think it’s been documented that I didn’t take the call. I’ll leave it at that for now,” Boyle said.
Boyle skated on Thursday for the first time since the incident and says he hopes to be back in action before the end of the Sharks’ current road trip.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2