Oct 25, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
San Jose Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle is on the road to recovery after being knocked unconscious by a hit from behind by St. Louis Blues forward Maxim Lapierre on October 15. One thing he’s not doing, however, is easily forgiving Lapierre.
Boyle spoke with reporters for the first time since the incident and says he doesn’t remember anything about it happening. After watching video of the incident, he’s not pleased with how it went down as Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com shares.
“He left a message. I think it’s been documented that I didn’t take the call. I’ll leave it at that for now,” Boyle said.
Boyle skated on Thursday for the first time since the incident and says he hopes to be back in action before the end of the Sharks’ current road trip.
- In praise of John Tavares 0
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 7
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31