Oct 25, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Toronto Maple Leafs fans will finally get their first look at David Clarkson in a regular season game.
Clarkson’s 10-game suspension for leaving the bench to fight Buffalo’s John Scott in a preseason game is through and tonight he’ll be suiting up on the road against the Columbus Blue Jackets. As the Canadian Press’ Stephen Whyno shares, he’s ready to get it started.
“It’s like Christmas: You used to open up the box there’d be a chocolate and then another chocolate,” Clarkson said jokingly. “I got a box at home, I get my daughter to open it. No, but I’ve been definitely checking off the dates and getting ready to go.”
Of course, Joffrey Lupul departed practice after being struck on the foot by a Paul Ranger shot so they may not be at as loaded up front as they hoped. Nikolai Kulemin is still out with an ankle injury.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8