Oct 25, 2013, 10:44 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks ended their mini-stumble on Friday, squeezing by the Ottawa Senators 2-1. It wasn’t all smiles for the Ducks, however, as it appears that Mathieu Perreault suffered an upper-body injury.
Perreault, 25, did not play in the third period. The team didn’t provide details on his condition after the game; he’s been a great addition via a late preseason trade, scoring nine points in 11 games so far.
Update: it sounds like Perreault might have hurt his left hand, at least according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
Not official report from Ducks but Perreault had a soft brace covering left hand/wrist area. Told me it’s not broken. Probable sprain.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 26, 2013
Ryan Getzlaf (one goal, one assist) and Corey Perry (two assists) powered the Ducks’ early 2-0 lead, which was enough for Frederik Andersen, as the Dane won in his first NHL start on the heels of signing a two-year contract.
Erik Karlsson had a rough night, as he really earned the second minus of his -2 rating on this turnover:
Jan 31, 2015, 8:14 PM EST
Short-handed, too! *Thumbs up*
Jan 31, 2015, 7:43 PM EST
Starting Sunday, these teams will play each other three times in 16 days.
Jan 31, 2015, 7:16 PM EST
Obviously not smart.
Jan 31, 2015, 6:46 PM EST
Allowed five goals on 20 shots.
Jan 31, 2015, 6:19 PM EST
Two losses in a row for the Islanders.
Jan 31, 2015, 5:53 PM EST
Was put on waivers, cleared, and sent to the minors this week.
Jan 31, 2015, 5:22 PM EST
Took part in team skate on Saturday.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:47 PM EST
Detroit is forcing itself into the Stanley Cup conversation.
Jan 31, 2015, 4:08 PM EST
Montreal has put pressure on Tampa Bay in the battle for the Eastern Conference lead.
Jan 31, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
He has a degenerative back injury that might lead to career-ending surgery.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:56 PM EST
He gave up five goals against them on Jan. 10.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:57 PM EST
Meanwhile Philadelphia will try to win its fourth straight game.
Jan 31, 2015, 11:57 AM EST
They’ve surpassed the early season expectations.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:11 AM EST
But he seems very reluctant on the matter.
Jan 31, 2015, 9:24 AM EST
Is that what’s best for Carolina in the long term?
Jan 31, 2015, 2:00 AM EST
Anaheim has now lost two straight in regulation for the first time since November.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:15 AM EST
Sabres conclude January with an 0-12-0 record.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:15 AM EST
Shattenkirk had the shootout winner.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
He’s now tied with Dino Ciccarelli on the all-time points list.
- Video: Rangers’ Moore dangles, scores on beauty end-to-end rush 0
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36