Oct 25, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks ended their mini-stumble on Friday, squeezing by the Ottawa Senators 2-1. It wasn’t all smiles for the Ducks, however, as it appears that Mathieu Perreault suffered an upper-body injury.
Perreault, 25, did not play in the third period. The team didn’t provide details on his condition after the game; he’s been a great addition via a late preseason trade, scoring nine points in 11 games so far.
Update: it sounds like Perreault might have hurt his left hand, at least according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
Not official report from Ducks but Perreault had a soft brace covering left hand/wrist area. Told me it’s not broken. Probable sprain.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 26, 2013
Ryan Getzlaf (one goal, one assist) and Corey Perry (two assists) powered the Ducks’ early 2-0 lead, which was enough for Frederik Andersen, as the Dane won in his first NHL start on the heels of signing a two-year contract.
Erik Karlsson had a rough night, as he really earned the second minus of his -2 rating on this turnover:
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)