Oct 25, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks ended their mini-stumble on Friday, squeezing by the Ottawa Senators 2-1. It wasn’t all smiles for the Ducks, however, as it appears that Mathieu Perreault suffered an upper-body injury.
Perreault, 25, did not play in the third period. The team didn’t provide details on his condition after the game; he’s been a great addition via a late preseason trade, scoring nine points in 11 games so far.
Update: it sounds like Perreault might have hurt his left hand, at least according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
Not official report from Ducks but Perreault had a soft brace covering left hand/wrist area. Told me it’s not broken. Probable sprain.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 26, 2013
Ryan Getzlaf (one goal, one assist) and Corey Perry (two assists) powered the Ducks’ early 2-0 lead, which was enough for Frederik Andersen, as the Dane won in his first NHL start on the heels of signing a two-year contract.
Erik Karlsson had a rough night, as he really earned the second minus of his -2 rating on this turnover:
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)