Oct 25, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks ended their mini-stumble on Friday, squeezing by the Ottawa Senators 2-1. It wasn’t all smiles for the Ducks, however, as it appears that Mathieu Perreault suffered an upper-body injury.
Perreault, 25, did not play in the third period. The team didn’t provide details on his condition after the game; he’s been a great addition via a late preseason trade, scoring nine points in 11 games so far.
Update: it sounds like Perreault might have hurt his left hand, at least according to Eric Stephens of the OC Register.
Not official report from Ducks but Perreault had a soft brace covering left hand/wrist area. Told me it’s not broken. Probable sprain.
— Eric Stephens (@icemancometh) October 26, 2013
Ryan Getzlaf (one goal, one assist) and Corey Perry (two assists) powered the Ducks’ early 2-0 lead, which was enough for Frederik Andersen, as the Dane won in his first NHL start on the heels of signing a two-year contract.
Erik Karlsson had a rough night, as he really earned the second minus of his -2 rating on this turnover:
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 22
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 6
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 16
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 23
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 49
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 92
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)