Oct 24, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
With no points in seven games, Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello will be a healthy scratch tonight versus the Flyers.
New York head coach Alain Vigneault apparently made the call based on the 26-year-old’s lack of production, with tough winger Brandon Mashinter, recently promoted from the AHL, getting the nod in Zuccarello’s place.
The Rangers (2-5-0) are coming off a 4-0 defeat to New Jersey on Saturday. That loss was their third of the season by four or more. All told, they’ve been outscored by 18 goals. Which isn’t very good.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 30
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 71
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)