Oct 24, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
With no points in seven games, Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello will be a healthy scratch tonight versus the Flyers.
New York head coach Alain Vigneault apparently made the call based on the 26-year-old’s lack of production, with tough winger Brandon Mashinter, recently promoted from the AHL, getting the nod in Zuccarello’s place.
The Rangers (2-5-0) are coming off a 4-0 defeat to New Jersey on Saturday. That loss was their third of the season by four or more. All told, they’ve been outscored by 18 goals. Which isn’t very good.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32