Oct 24, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
With no points in seven games, Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello will be a healthy scratch tonight versus the Flyers.
New York head coach Alain Vigneault apparently made the call based on the 26-year-old’s lack of production, with tough winger Brandon Mashinter, recently promoted from the AHL, getting the nod in Zuccarello’s place.
The Rangers (2-5-0) are coming off a 4-0 defeat to New Jersey on Saturday. That loss was their third of the season by four or more. All told, they’ve been outscored by 18 goals. Which isn’t very good.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)