Oct 24, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
With no points in seven games, Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello will be a healthy scratch tonight versus the Flyers.
New York head coach Alain Vigneault apparently made the call based on the 26-year-old’s lack of production, with tough winger Brandon Mashinter, recently promoted from the AHL, getting the nod in Zuccarello’s place.
The Rangers (2-5-0) are coming off a 4-0 defeat to New Jersey on Saturday. That loss was their third of the season by four or more. All told, they’ve been outscored by 18 goals. Which isn’t very good.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 97
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115