Oct 24, 2013, 11:40 AM EDT
With no points in seven games, Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello will be a healthy scratch tonight versus the Flyers.
New York head coach Alain Vigneault apparently made the call based on the 26-year-old’s lack of production, with tough winger Brandon Mashinter, recently promoted from the AHL, getting the nod in Zuccarello’s place.
The Rangers (2-5-0) are coming off a 4-0 defeat to New Jersey on Saturday. That loss was their third of the season by four or more. All told, they’ve been outscored by 18 goals. Which isn’t very good.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)