Oct 24, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
It took $1 billion and required the New York Rangers to start two of their last three seasons with lengthy road trips, but Madison Square Garden’s three-phase renovation is finally over.
The Rangers won’t play their first home game of 2013-14 until Monday when they host Montreal.
And, of course, how long they get to call the current location home — beyond the year 2023? — remains unclear.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 12
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28