Oct 24, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
It took $1 billion and required the New York Rangers to start two of their last three seasons with lengthy road trips, but Madison Square Garden’s three-phase renovation is finally over.
The Rangers won’t play their first home game of 2013-14 until Monday when they host Montreal.
And, of course, how long they get to call the current location home — beyond the year 2023? — remains unclear.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5