Oct 24, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
Just as Niklas Backstrom is starting to feel better, Josh Harding appears to have suffered an injury of his own. The red-hot Minnesota Wild “backup” suffered a lower-body ailment during Thursday’s 3-1 win against the Carolina Hurricanes, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Russo reports that Wild head coach Mike Yeo didn’t reveal how severe Harding’s injury is.
Thursday has just been a rough day for goalies. Pekka Rinne‘s month-long injury announcement preceded this game, where Harding, 29, got hurt for this indefinite amount of time while Cam Ward will also miss about three-to-four weeks with his own injury.
Harding has been fantastic so far, with a 5-2-1 record, .953 save percentage and 1.00 GAA in nine games played.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 24
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 52
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)