Oct 24, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
Just as Niklas Backstrom is starting to feel better, Josh Harding appears to have suffered an injury of his own. The red-hot Minnesota Wild “backup” suffered a lower-body ailment during Thursday’s 3-1 win against the Carolina Hurricanes, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Russo reports that Wild head coach Mike Yeo didn’t reveal how severe Harding’s injury is.
Thursday has just been a rough day for goalies. Pekka Rinne‘s month-long injury announcement preceded this game, where Harding, 29, got hurt for this indefinite amount of time while Cam Ward will also miss about three-to-four weeks with his own injury.
Harding has been fantastic so far, with a 5-2-1 record, .953 save percentage and 1.00 GAA in nine games played.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 0
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 47
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 22
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 17
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)