Oct 24, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
Just as Niklas Backstrom is starting to feel better, Josh Harding appears to have suffered an injury of his own. The red-hot Minnesota Wild “backup” suffered a lower-body ailment during Thursday’s 3-1 win against the Carolina Hurricanes, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Russo reports that Wild head coach Mike Yeo didn’t reveal how severe Harding’s injury is.
Thursday has just been a rough day for goalies. Pekka Rinne‘s month-long injury announcement preceded this game, where Harding, 29, got hurt for this indefinite amount of time while Cam Ward will also miss about three-to-four weeks with his own injury.
Harding has been fantastic so far, with a 5-2-1 record, .953 save percentage and 1.00 GAA in nine games played.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)