Oct 24, 2013, 11:38 PM EDT
Just as Niklas Backstrom is starting to feel better, Josh Harding appears to have suffered an injury of his own. The red-hot Minnesota Wild “backup” suffered a lower-body ailment during Thursday’s 3-1 win against the Carolina Hurricanes, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
Russo reports that Wild head coach Mike Yeo didn’t reveal how severe Harding’s injury is.
Thursday has just been a rough day for goalies. Pekka Rinne‘s month-long injury announcement preceded this game, where Harding, 29, got hurt for this indefinite amount of time while Cam Ward will also miss about three-to-four weeks with his own injury.
Harding has been fantastic so far, with a 5-2-1 record, .953 save percentage and 1.00 GAA in nine games played.
- Report: No fine or suspension for Perry’s spear on Benn 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 23
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 41
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 15
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42