Oct 24, 2013, 10:07 AM EST
According to a report from Fox 6 in Milwaukee, the Nashville Predators have called up goalie Magnus Hellberg. While he’s got one of the best current names in hockey, the big question now is: Who is hurt for the Preds?
It’s unclear to as why Hellberg, a 2011 second round draft pick, is coming to Nashville, but one has to wonder if it has to do with goaltender Pekka Rinne and his hip. Rinne underwent a hip arthroscopy in the offseason, and didn’t play a full game game until the regular season started almost three weeks ago.
Backup goalie Carter Hutton practiced yesterday and was victorious on Sunday in Winnipeg. Rinne was a hard-luck loser against Minnesota on Tuesday night stopping 27 of 28 shots in a 2-0 Wild win.
Rinne signed a seven-year, $49 million extension in November 2011 to stay in Nashville as their franchise goaltender.
Update (10:21 a.m. ET): Rinne’s agent, Jay Grossman, shared this via Twitter:
Cue up the foreboding music, Preds fans.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)