Oct 24, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
According to a report from Fox 6 in Milwaukee, the Nashville Predators have called up goalie Magnus Hellberg. While he’s got one of the best current names in hockey, the big question now is: Who is hurt for the Preds?
It’s unclear to as why Hellberg, a 2011 second round draft pick, is coming to Nashville, but one has to wonder if it has to do with goaltender Pekka Rinne and his hip. Rinne underwent a hip arthroscopy in the offseason, and didn’t play a full game game until the regular season started almost three weeks ago.
Backup goalie Carter Hutton practiced yesterday and was victorious on Sunday in Winnipeg. Rinne was a hard-luck loser against Minnesota on Tuesday night stopping 27 of 28 shots in a 2-0 Wild win.
Rinne signed a seven-year, $49 million extension in November 2011 to stay in Nashville as their franchise goaltender.
Update (10:21 a.m. ET): Rinne’s agent, Jay Grossman, shared this via Twitter:
Cue up the foreboding music, Preds fans.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)