Oct 24, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
According to a report from Fox 6 in Milwaukee, the Nashville Predators have called up goalie Magnus Hellberg. While he’s got one of the best current names in hockey, the big question now is: Who is hurt for the Preds?
It’s unclear to as why Hellberg, a 2011 second round draft pick, is coming to Nashville, but one has to wonder if it has to do with goaltender Pekka Rinne and his hip. Rinne underwent a hip arthroscopy in the offseason, and didn’t play a full game game until the regular season started almost three weeks ago.
Backup goalie Carter Hutton practiced yesterday and was victorious on Sunday in Winnipeg. Rinne was a hard-luck loser against Minnesota on Tuesday night stopping 27 of 28 shots in a 2-0 Wild win.
Rinne signed a seven-year, $49 million extension in November 2011 to stay in Nashville as their franchise goaltender.
Update (10:21 a.m. ET): Rinne’s agent, Jay Grossman, shared this via Twitter:
Cue up the foreboding music, Preds fans.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)