Oct 24, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers might just be getting on track – they’re going for their third win in a row against the improving Washington Capitals on Thursday – but they’re not 100 percent just yet. Taylor Hall‘s expected to miss a month, and that’s not the only tough news, as Sam Gagner‘s at least a week away from returning from a broken jaw, Sportsnet’s Mark Spector reports.
Gagner, 24, hasn’t played in 2013-14 yet thanks to that broken jaw from a Zack Kassian high stick, which cost the Vancouver Canucks winger a five-game suspension.
Gagner really solidified himself as a go-to guy for the Oilers last season, scoring 38 points in 48 games, which would have easily been a career-high pace in a full season. Then again, he’s been limited quite a bit by injuries aside from 2012-13, so one might argue this issue isn’t far from ordinary.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)