Oct 24, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers might just be getting on track – they’re going for their third win in a row against the improving Washington Capitals on Thursday – but they’re not 100 percent just yet. Taylor Hall‘s expected to miss a month, and that’s not the only tough news, as Sam Gagner‘s at least a week away from returning from a broken jaw, Sportsnet’s Mark Spector reports.
Gagner, 24, hasn’t played in 2013-14 yet thanks to that broken jaw from a Zack Kassian high stick, which cost the Vancouver Canucks winger a five-game suspension.
Gagner really solidified himself as a go-to guy for the Oilers last season, scoring 38 points in 48 games, which would have easily been a career-high pace in a full season. Then again, he’s been limited quite a bit by injuries aside from 2012-13, so one might argue this issue isn’t far from ordinary.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)