Oct 24, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers might just be getting on track – they’re going for their third win in a row against the improving Washington Capitals on Thursday – but they’re not 100 percent just yet. Taylor Hall‘s expected to miss a month, and that’s not the only tough news, as Sam Gagner‘s at least a week away from returning from a broken jaw, Sportsnet’s Mark Spector reports.
Gagner, 24, hasn’t played in 2013-14 yet thanks to that broken jaw from a Zack Kassian high stick, which cost the Vancouver Canucks winger a five-game suspension.
Gagner really solidified himself as a go-to guy for the Oilers last season, scoring 38 points in 48 games, which would have easily been a career-high pace in a full season. Then again, he’s been limited quite a bit by injuries aside from 2012-13, so one might argue this issue isn’t far from ordinary.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31