Oct 24, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers might just be getting on track – they’re going for their third win in a row against the improving Washington Capitals on Thursday – but they’re not 100 percent just yet. Taylor Hall‘s expected to miss a month, and that’s not the only tough news, as Sam Gagner‘s at least a week away from returning from a broken jaw, Sportsnet’s Mark Spector reports.
Gagner, 24, hasn’t played in 2013-14 yet thanks to that broken jaw from a Zack Kassian high stick, which cost the Vancouver Canucks winger a five-game suspension.
Gagner really solidified himself as a go-to guy for the Oilers last season, scoring 38 points in 48 games, which would have easily been a career-high pace in a full season. Then again, he’s been limited quite a bit by injuries aside from 2012-13, so one might argue this issue isn’t far from ordinary.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 3
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)