Oct 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
It appears Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott will be facing a lengthy suspension.
Eriksson left the game and did not return, however there has not been an official update on his condition.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Scott is facing an in-person hearing with the NHL. This means the suspension could exceed five games.
“He did his job,” Bruins head coach Claude Julien said of Scott, as per the Buffalo News. “He’s there to do two things: to fight and to hurt. He did both of those things.”
Scott was not made available for media following the game, which the Sabres lost 5-2. He has been suspended indefinitely pending his hearing, which has yet to be scheduled.
“I’m not going to comment on it,” said Sabres head coach Ron Rolston, according to a tweet from John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
The 31-year-old Scott, who stands six-foot-eight-inches tall and 258 pounds, doesn’t have any points in seven games. He’s also been averaging only 4:57 of ice time per game.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8