Oct 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
It appears Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott will be facing a lengthy suspension.
Eriksson left the game and did not return, however there has not been an official update on his condition.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Scott is facing an in-person hearing with the NHL. This means the suspension could exceed five games.
“He did his job,” Bruins head coach Claude Julien said of Scott, as per the Buffalo News. “He’s there to do two things: to fight and to hurt. He did both of those things.”
Scott was not made available for media following the game, which the Sabres lost 5-2. He has been suspended indefinitely pending his hearing, which has yet to be scheduled.
“I’m not going to comment on it,” said Sabres head coach Ron Rolston, according to a tweet from John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
The 31-year-old Scott, who stands six-foot-eight-inches tall and 258 pounds, doesn’t have any points in seven games. He’s also been averaging only 4:57 of ice time per game.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)