Oct 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
It appears Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott will be facing a lengthy suspension.
Eriksson left the game and did not return, however there has not been an official update on his condition.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Scott is facing an in-person hearing with the NHL. This means the suspension could exceed five games.
“He did his job,” Bruins head coach Claude Julien said of Scott, as per the Buffalo News. “He’s there to do two things: to fight and to hurt. He did both of those things.”
Scott was not made available for media following the game, which the Sabres lost 5-2. He has been suspended indefinitely pending his hearing, which has yet to be scheduled.
“I’m not going to comment on it,” said Sabres head coach Ron Rolston, according to a tweet from John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
The 31-year-old Scott, who stands six-foot-eight-inches tall and 258 pounds, doesn’t have any points in seven games. He’s also been averaging only 4:57 of ice time per game.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)