Oct 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EST
It appears Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott will be facing a lengthy suspension.
Eriksson left the game and did not return, however there has not been an official update on his condition.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Scott is facing an in-person hearing with the NHL. This means the suspension could exceed five games.
“He did his job,” Bruins head coach Claude Julien said of Scott, as per the Buffalo News. “He’s there to do two things: to fight and to hurt. He did both of those things.”
Scott was not made available for media following the game, which the Sabres lost 5-2. He has been suspended indefinitely pending his hearing, which has yet to be scheduled.
“I’m not going to comment on it,” said Sabres head coach Ron Rolston, according to a tweet from John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
The 31-year-old Scott, who stands six-foot-eight-inches tall and 258 pounds, doesn’t have any points in seven games. He’s also been averaging only 4:57 of ice time per game.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 7
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 80
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 74
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 64
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 41
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 74
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (80)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (74)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (74)