Oct 24, 2013, 12:28 AM EDT
It appears Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott will be facing a lengthy suspension.
Eriksson left the game and did not return, however there has not been an official update on his condition.
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Scott is facing an in-person hearing with the NHL. This means the suspension could exceed five games.
“He did his job,” Bruins head coach Claude Julien said of Scott, as per the Buffalo News. “He’s there to do two things: to fight and to hurt. He did both of those things.”
Scott was not made available for media following the game, which the Sabres lost 5-2. He has been suspended indefinitely pending his hearing, which has yet to be scheduled.
“I’m not going to comment on it,” said Sabres head coach Ron Rolston, according to a tweet from John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
The 31-year-old Scott, who stands six-foot-eight-inches tall and 258 pounds, doesn’t have any points in seven games. He’s also been averaging only 4:57 of ice time per game.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 0
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 42
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)