Oct 24, 2013, 8:15 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Daniel who? Bobby Ryan‘s start with the Ottawa Senators is helping fans move on past their former captain’s departure. Having him help beat up his new team in their first meeting helps out as well. (Sportsnet)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Thursday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock wants better results in the shootout from his team. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
The Tampa Bay Lightning return to action after four days off. They’re not quite like the Blues who are in the midst of a week off of their own. (The Tampa Tribune)
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10