Oct 24, 2013, 12:08 AM EST
The Boston Bruins got the win Wednesday, but it could come with a price.
Scott received a major penalty for charging. There has been no update on the kind of injury Eriksson suffered, although he did leave the game and did not return.
“Obviously if he didn’t come back it’s serious enough. We’ll probably find out more, right now we’re giving trainers space,” said Bruins’ head coach Claude Julien of Eriksson’s condition following the game.
“Loui is staying overnight in Buffalo for precautionary reasons. He is expected to return to Boston on Thursday,” said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli in a statement issued by the club.
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid jumped in to fight Scott, with the two landing a few punches before hitting the ice. McQuaid was assessed an instigator minor as well as a misconduct for coming to the defense of his teammate.
“Just reaction on a play like that…you don’t want to see guys get hit like that,” said McQuaid, as per the Bruins official Twitter account.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12