Oct 24, 2013, 12:08 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins got the win Wednesday, but it could come with a price.
Scott received a major penalty for charging. There has been no update on the kind of injury Eriksson suffered, although he did leave the game and did not return.
“Obviously if he didn’t come back it’s serious enough. We’ll probably find out more, right now we’re giving trainers space,” said Bruins’ head coach Claude Julien of Eriksson’s condition following the game.
“Loui is staying overnight in Buffalo for precautionary reasons. He is expected to return to Boston on Thursday,” said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli in a statement issued by the club.
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid jumped in to fight Scott, with the two landing a few punches before hitting the ice. McQuaid was assessed an instigator minor as well as a misconduct for coming to the defense of his teammate.
“Just reaction on a play like that…you don’t want to see guys get hit like that,” said McQuaid, as per the Bruins official Twitter account.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)