Oct 24, 2013, 12:08 AM EST
The Boston Bruins got the win Wednesday, but it could come with a price.
Scott received a major penalty for charging. There has been no update on the kind of injury Eriksson suffered, although he did leave the game and did not return.
“Obviously if he didn’t come back it’s serious enough. We’ll probably find out more, right now we’re giving trainers space,” said Bruins’ head coach Claude Julien of Eriksson’s condition following the game.
“Loui is staying overnight in Buffalo for precautionary reasons. He is expected to return to Boston on Thursday,” said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli in a statement issued by the club.
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid jumped in to fight Scott, with the two landing a few punches before hitting the ice. McQuaid was assessed an instigator minor as well as a misconduct for coming to the defense of his teammate.
“Just reaction on a play like that…you don’t want to see guys get hit like that,” said McQuaid, as per the Bruins official Twitter account.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 26
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)