Oct 24, 2013, 12:08 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins got the win Wednesday, but it could come with a price.
Scott received a major penalty for charging. There has been no update on the kind of injury Eriksson suffered, although he did leave the game and did not return.
“Obviously if he didn’t come back it’s serious enough. We’ll probably find out more, right now we’re giving trainers space,” said Bruins’ head coach Claude Julien of Eriksson’s condition following the game.
“Loui is staying overnight in Buffalo for precautionary reasons. He is expected to return to Boston on Thursday,” said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli in a statement issued by the club.
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid jumped in to fight Scott, with the two landing a few punches before hitting the ice. McQuaid was assessed an instigator minor as well as a misconduct for coming to the defense of his teammate.
“Just reaction on a play like that…you don’t want to see guys get hit like that,” said McQuaid, as per the Bruins official Twitter account.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25