Oct 24, 2013, 12:08 AM EST
The Boston Bruins got the win Wednesday, but it could come with a price.
Scott received a major penalty for charging. There has been no update on the kind of injury Eriksson suffered, although he did leave the game and did not return.
“Obviously if he didn’t come back it’s serious enough. We’ll probably find out more, right now we’re giving trainers space,” said Bruins’ head coach Claude Julien of Eriksson’s condition following the game.
“Loui is staying overnight in Buffalo for precautionary reasons. He is expected to return to Boston on Thursday,” said Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli in a statement issued by the club.
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid jumped in to fight Scott, with the two landing a few punches before hitting the ice. McQuaid was assessed an instigator minor as well as a misconduct for coming to the defense of his teammate.
“Just reaction on a play like that…you don’t want to see guys get hit like that,” said McQuaid, as per the Bruins official Twitter account.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)