Oct 24, 2013, 6:34 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild broke a three-game losing streak by topping Nashville 2-0 on NBC SN Tuesday, but they’re still a little banged-up as a team. On the bright side, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo presents some good news for injured players Jonas Brodin, Charlie Coyle and Niklas Backstrom:
- Brodin, 20, might not need to undergo surgery on his gnarly broken cheekbone. Even better, he might skate on Friday, though with a full cage and possibly without his Wild teammates.
- Coyle’s getting closer to a return as he recovers from a knee injury. The downside is that he’ll wear a knee brace for the first time in his career and doesn’t have an exact timetable for the 21-year-old return from that sprained MCL.
- Backstrom, 35, feels good enough to at least back up Josh Harding. One can understand if the Wild are more than OK with him taking his time to return, being that Harding’s playing like a No. 1 goalie in his own right.
- The news for Keith Ballard, 30, isn’t as good; he didn’t skate and will miss his fifth consecutive game on Thursday (vs. the Carolina Hurricanes at 8 p.m. ET).
So, overall, some pretty good news for the Wild. After tonight’s home game vs. Carolina, Minnesota faces a home-and-home and Chicago followed by five of seven games in Minnesota.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
The really busy Saturday matinee edition.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:09 PM EDT
Nashville will aim to clinch without him.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:55 AM EDT
Four teams look to punch their ticket on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Just what the doctor ordered.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
They face the desperate Bruins today.
Mar 28, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He’s a healthy scratch for Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
St. Louis gets Carl Gunnarsson back, too.
Mar 28, 2015, 9:29 AM EDT
Now that’s a “hockey face.”
Mar 28, 2015, 2:16 AM EDT
A round-up of scores from Friday’s NCAA action.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Their in Vancouver to face the Canucks on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:08 AM EDT
Crawford pulled in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:28 PM EDT
Crawford was pulled late in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
That’s a blow to Calgary’s post-season hopes.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Nine points since joining Florida.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Not a great start for Chicago.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
The club says he’s expected to make a full recovery.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New York plays twice this weekend.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
They play in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Hasn’t played since Feb. 24.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Terriers move one step closer to the Frozen Four.
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)