Oct 24, 2013, 6:34 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild broke a three-game losing streak by topping Nashville 2-0 on NBC SN Tuesday, but they’re still a little banged-up as a team. On the bright side, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo presents some good news for injured players Jonas Brodin, Charlie Coyle and Niklas Backstrom:
- Brodin, 20, might not need to undergo surgery on his gnarly broken cheekbone. Even better, he might skate on Friday, though with a full cage and possibly without his Wild teammates.
- Coyle’s getting closer to a return as he recovers from a knee injury. The downside is that he’ll wear a knee brace for the first time in his career and doesn’t have an exact timetable for the 21-year-old return from that sprained MCL.
- Backstrom, 35, feels good enough to at least back up Josh Harding. One can understand if the Wild are more than OK with him taking his time to return, being that Harding’s playing like a No. 1 goalie in his own right.
- The news for Keith Ballard, 30, isn’t as good; he didn’t skate and will miss his fifth consecutive game on Thursday (vs. the Carolina Hurricanes at 8 p.m. ET).
So, overall, some pretty good news for the Wild. After tonight’s home game vs. Carolina, Minnesota faces a home-and-home and Chicago followed by five of seven games in Minnesota.
May 4, 2015, 1:12 PM EDT
“If it means allowing players to go to free agency, if it means making players sweat it out on what their deal’s going to be, he’s the priority for us.”
May 4, 2015, 1:07 PM EDT
Virtanen was the sixth overall pick in the 2014 draft.
May 4, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
Jets’ AHL team will play at the MTS Centre next season.
May 4, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
He’s hoping to “find a way to get a bigger role.”
May 4, 2015, 11:37 AM EDT
“Prust has engaged himself in something that’s going to take him into an area where he doesn’t want to be part of.”
May 4, 2015, 11:28 AM EDT
So says Bruce Boudreau.
May 4, 2015, 11:07 AM EDT
Trevor Lewis put the Americans out to an early advantage.
May 4, 2015, 10:52 AM EDT
Former Minnesota farmhand is on his way to Frolunda.
May 4, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
Could play on Wednesday against Russia.
May 4, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Game 3 between the Rangers and Capitals is the lone game on the schedule.
May 4, 2015, 8:05 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 4, 2015, 1:04 AM EDT
The last team to open the playoffs with at least six straight wins was Pittsburgh in 2008.
May 4, 2015, 12:18 AM EDT
He’ll be looking for the Wild to do better mentally at home.
May 3, 2015, 11:42 PM EDT
There are three contests scheduled for Sunday.
May 3, 2015, 11:36 PM EDT
He seemed initially dazed, but stayed in the game.
May 3, 2015, 11:17 PM EDT
Chicago now has a 2-0 series lead.
May 3, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Devan Dubnyk had some bad luck on this one.
May 3, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
“He tries to play God. He tries to control the game and he did that tonight.”
May 3, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT
Prust and Bishop have a history.
May 3, 2015, 8:52 PM EDT
The series will now return to Tampa Bay where the Lightning were 32-8-1 in the regular season.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 5
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 36
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 25
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)