Oct 24, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
Some news and notes from the blue paint…
Hutton in for Rinne
Hutton, 27, hasn’t played much this year — just two games — but does have experience against Winnipeg, thanks to a stellar 38-save outing in a 3-1 win over the Jets on Oct. 20.
After missing the last five games with a lower-body injury, Kari Lehtonen will make his return to the Dallas goal on Thursday against Calgary.
The Stars have gone 1-4-0 since Lehtonen got hurt, so his return is a welcome one — he was 2-1-0 with a 1.57 GAA and .953 save percentage prior to the lower-body ailment.
— After a rough outing against Boston on Saturday (a 5-0 loss), Ben Bishop will be back in goal for Tampa tonight against Chicago. It’s no surprise the Bolts are going back to Bishop — in his last game against the ‘Hawks, a 3-2 shootout win on Oct. 5, he stopped 37 shots in a game the Lightning were badly outplayed.
– Cory Schneider will make his third straight start for the Devils on Thursday against his old team, the Vancouver Canucks.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)