Oct 24, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
Some news and notes from the blue paint…
Hutton in for Rinne
Hutton, 27, hasn’t played much this year — just two games — but does have experience against Winnipeg, thanks to a stellar 38-save outing in a 3-1 win over the Jets on Oct. 20.
After missing the last five games with a lower-body injury, Kari Lehtonen will make his return to the Dallas goal on Thursday against Calgary.
The Stars have gone 1-4-0 since Lehtonen got hurt, so his return is a welcome one — he was 2-1-0 with a 1.57 GAA and .953 save percentage prior to the lower-body ailment.
– After a rough outing against Boston on Saturday (a 5-0 loss), Ben Bishop will be back in goal for Tampa tonight against Chicago. It’s no surprise the Bolts are going back to Bishop — in his last game against the ‘Hawks, a 3-2 shootout win on Oct. 5, he stopped 37 shots in a game the Lightning were badly outplayed.
– Cory Schneider will make his third straight start for the Devils on Thursday against his old team, the Vancouver Canucks.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 4
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 11
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13