Oct 24, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
Some news and notes from the blue paint…
Hutton in for Rinne
Hutton, 27, hasn’t played much this year — just two games — but does have experience against Winnipeg, thanks to a stellar 38-save outing in a 3-1 win over the Jets on Oct. 20.
After missing the last five games with a lower-body injury, Kari Lehtonen will make his return to the Dallas goal on Thursday against Calgary.
The Stars have gone 1-4-0 since Lehtonen got hurt, so his return is a welcome one — he was 2-1-0 with a 1.57 GAA and .953 save percentage prior to the lower-body ailment.
— After a rough outing against Boston on Saturday (a 5-0 loss), Ben Bishop will be back in goal for Tampa tonight against Chicago. It’s no surprise the Bolts are going back to Bishop — in his last game against the ‘Hawks, a 3-2 shootout win on Oct. 5, he stopped 37 shots in a game the Lightning were badly outplayed.
– Cory Schneider will make his third straight start for the Devils on Thursday against his old team, the Vancouver Canucks.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5